Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

50% of my playlist is unavailable

50% of my playlist is unavailable

Hello, 

I have a premium subscription, and suscribed to Spotify because of its amazing library of k-pop songs.

The issue is that since yesterday, 50% of my playlist just gone. Missing bands for me are AOA, Momoland, Blackpink.

It's really annoying because there were no email or something to tell me that these songs will be removed, maybe it's just a bug but I would like to be sure it's just a bug.

Because I don't see any interest paying that much for a such low quality content. If these bands were removed, it's a real shame, you should send an email or something like that, or atleast ask to the customer if he want a refund.

I hope you will give me an answers because it's really annoying. 

Thank you.

13 Replies

Hey there @Malahel,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Can you let us know if those artists are missing on all your devices on the Artist page?

Or is it that their songs are grayed out in the playlists you've added them to.

A bit more info would be helpful.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Alex,

please make some effort in trying to help him. You know as much as I do that you weren't able to renew the license with Kakao M. That's the reason why songs from AOA etc. are missing. You don't need more info to figure that out. You should be aware of recent issues...

Best regards,
Alex

Hello, thank you for you answers.

Those artists are missing on Android app, and also web I checked both.

The music's are all grayed, I can still see the album pictures, but there's no longer the artist name or the music name, and I can't click on it.

Is this a bug so or the musics were just removed ?

Ah so the songs were just removed.

And we don't know when they will be back so ? They could send an email to just inform us. It's a shame, we pay 10$ per month and we are not even informed of such big issue, and I'm forced to post here to get an answers.

This is something they should inform us, I just wake up and see that most of my favourites artists are gone. Just, wow.

Hi Malahel,

I am really sorry about your loss and I am also really annoyed. I have lost 60% of my library from one day to another. That's like 1.300 songs. Neither these forums nor the support can provide me proper infos on this issue yet. Therefore it depends on the person you talk to if this is a bug or intended. 😕

Yep, they keep it dark. They even blocked the website so people don't cancel their subscriptions. 

I was **bleep** to lose my fav songs. But it happens from time to time but in smaller numbers, which is annoying.

Honestly it's really sad because it's really hard to listen K-Pop outside of Korea.

Koreans have MelOn but you can't use it if you don't have a Korean phone number... Especially that artists I like are not even on Spotify (small kpop bands for example...)

I hope they will find a solution, because if large bands such as AOA or Momoland are missing, there's not interest of subscribing. 

Hey folks,

Thanks for your posts.

We can confirm that KakaoM’s catalogue, as well as a few other Korean bands isn’t currently available. We’d love to have them back too and are working on it, so hopefully we will in the future. There's more info about Spotify content here.

We know that this must be frustrating. Currently don't have any more information to share, but hopefully it won’t be too long before they’re available on Spotify again.

We'll be here for anything else.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Don't try to be nice dude, we were trying to solve my problem and when you realised the reason you just dipped me. 

Yep, I can't find some of small kpop songs I like as well. Honestly I don't even like popular kpop, especially what's popular in the west like BTS. Taeyeon and IU are fire even if popular.

Would be cool if you could share a few of the not-popular korean artists. I recently fell in love with: "너, 너 – The Stray" and "Caffe Mocha – Peep of day"(extremely not popular and underrated)

@Malahel wrote:

Hello, 

I have a premium subscription, and suscribed to Spotify because of its amazing library of k-pop songs and discover new music

The issue is that since yesterday, 50% of my playlist just gone. Missing bands for me are AOA, Momoland, Blackpink.

It's really annoying because there were no email or something to tell me that these songs will be removed, maybe it's just a bug but I would like to be sure it's just a bug.

Because I don't see any interest paying that much for a such low quality content. If these bands were removed, it's a real shame, you should send an email or something like that, or atleast ask to the customer if he want a refund.

I hope you will give me an answers because it's really annoying. 

Thank you.

Hi Malahel, 

Did you try refreshing the playlist when internet is turned ON? Maybe just your offline playlist is greyed out. Let me know. 

Recently a few of my songs disappeared and I'm not able to play them, just want to know if this is a bug or really their thing. Thanks!

Read news and replies bro

Suggested posts