Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

[All Platforms][Developer] Please do not take a stance in what I should listen. I’m paying you

[All Platforms][Developer] Please do not take a stance in what I should listen. I’m paying you

I was trying to listen to some old music from my young days and found Spotify to anonimize the artist (Micheal Jackson) this was mindboggling to me. Why should a platform I pay to service me music take a stance in any matter whatsoever, your only job is to play music...

so, this post is to remind you of your task Spotify. Do your job, and leave the shenanigens. 

Will cancel if more**bleep** comes to light. 

5FA1BF39-DE06-4B6C-84F6-C044D93D1CCC.png
2 Replies

Hi! I don't think this was Spotify attempting to censor artists - Michael Jackson is still actively appearing in my library and searches. Maybe this was just a bug, is the issue still occurring?

Hey there @erik2504,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Sorry for the delayed reply, we've just come across this thread.

Rest assured - Spotify doesn't censor artists. Based on the screenshot you sent, it might have been due to a connection issue or any other brief inconvenient, as @spettengill1 mentioned.

If you're still experiencing this issue, try logging out, restarting your device, and logging back in. If it persists, it's worth running a clean reinstall of the app by following these steps. This can be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble.

We'll be right here in case you have any questions or if you still experience this issue.

Cheers 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts