Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

An Appeal for School Shooter

An Appeal for School Shooter

A while ago, a musician by the name of School Shooter was banned from Spotify. This was presumably because of both the name and the imagery utilized by his album cover as well as the "edgy" lyrics of some of his songs. I can also only assume this was when Spotify was under fire for hosting white supremacist bands. I wish to ask that Spotify allow him to come back onto the platform.

School Shooter is, I argue, not a hate band. He is far from it in fact. School Shooter is old punk at its core: edgy, humorous, and a little bit dangerous. It would be a **bleep** shame for a Spotify to not give School Shooter and his music a second listen.

1 Reply

Hello @user-removed and welcome to the community,

It's a very sensitive subject. I will give you my honest opinion, knowing it's just mine and is involving only myself.

Even in the name of humour, I don't think ir's very appropriate and decent to "joke" with hundreds of victims.

The best I would encourage you to, if the band really wants concentrate on it's music, is to suggest them to change their name.

I don't know their music, but if it's as you seem to say, good punk music, a change of name won't affect the quality of their releases.

Thanks for you understanding 🙂

twitter.com/soundofus

www.soundofus.com

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts