Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Artist keeps coming up in radios

Solved!

Artist keeps coming up in radios

I always let Spotify play related music once my playlist is over or simply listen to artist radios. Being French I listen to a lot of French music, be it French pop or recent or old French variété.

In French music as in every country there are many styles of music, but whatever style I'm listening to add long as it's French, there this artist I hate that keeps coming up in my automatic playlists.

The artist name is Renaud and I've tried blocking its songs as soon as I hear it using the dislike but it doesn't work and just skip the song without really banning it or any other songs from playlists. So i can only skip the songs when they come up...

This has gone on for years and I'm getting really frustrated... Would there be any way for me to avoid playing this artist or could you update your algorithms so they get the good style of his music ? It's variété alright but it's not all the other French styles.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi,

You have the option of "blocking" an artist, so their music doesn't come up while you browse throught Spotify, by going to the three dots on the right top corner of the artis bio, and selecting "Don't play this artist". But the catch is it only works on iOS, which means you can't do this through Android or from your Desktop Spotify App on your computer.

Hope this can be helpful!

Niven Maberic

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi,

You have the option of "blocking" an artist, so their music doesn't come up while you browse throught Spotify, by going to the three dots on the right top corner of the artis bio, and selecting "Don't play this artist". But the catch is it only works on iOS, which means you can't do this through Android or from your Desktop Spotify App on your computer.

Hope this can be helpful!

Niven Maberic

Thanks Niben, unfortunately I'm on Android 😞
Still it's something to know they've implemented it on iOS. It shouldn't be too long coming on Spotify or desktop !

Edit: this trick works on Android as well, thanks a lot !!!

Suggested posts