Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Artist mixed in with another artist’s tracks?

Artist mixed in with another artist’s tracks?

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

iPhone 11

My Question or Issue

It seems that the artist page for a band I like (Silverline) has some tracks from an unknown artist (Auvertone) mixed in. The albums in question are « Something More EP », « Something More » and « It’s Only You EP ». These tracks aren’t even close to being in the same style or genre, and the album names do not appear in Silverline’s discography on Wikipedia, so I’m not sure why they’re mentioned as a collaborating artist, as clearly they are not.

Could this have been done to piggy back off another artist’s monthly listeners?

2 Replies

Hello Lindsey 👋, thanks for reaching out.

Spotify is not within rights to merge songs from different artists unless it is at the request of those artists.  We're not certain why the EPs don't appear on Wikipedia but they do appear on Google so it does in fact, look like it was a joint project between Silverline and Auvertone. If there seems to be a problem on our side,we will act swiftly to rectify the issue.

Thank you 💛

TaylithSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I just checked google as well, and it looks like the artist that worked with Auvertone is « The Silver Line » rather than « Silverline ». I also checked Apple music and Auvertone’s tracks are completely absent from their discography there too, although some folk songs in another language can be found instead.

I think this has to do with the amount of artists that chose a name that has a combination of the words « Silver » and « Line ». When searching, I found:

- Silverline

- Silver Line

- The Silverline

- The Silver Line

- The Silver Lines

- Silverline Clarity

- SilverLiners

- Silverlined Shadows

All of these are different artists… so I still think there was a mistake, but I’m not sure of the logistics of how it could have happened. Thanks for the prompt reply!

Suggested posts