Audio dramas partly or completely disabled

Solved!

Audio dramas partly or completely disabled

Plan

Free

Country

Germany

Hi Spotify-Team,

What's going on with your streaming service? Since yesterday a hole bunch of different German audio dramas either partly or even completely became disabled. Partly disabled are these:
- John Sinclair
- Lady Bedfort
- Christoph Schwarz
(Strange thing: Only some chapters are greyed out, while others are still playable.)

I checked a some others and learned, they even have been completely disabled now:
- Computer Force
- Gruselkabinett
- Ylvi and the Minimoomies

What is the reason for this? If some audio dramas has been removed from Spotify, I could understand it somehow. But why so many of them all of the sudden? And the fact that there are ones, which are only partly playable, does not make any sense to me at all. How could this be explained?

The problem occurs with my Windows 10 Notebook as well as my Android tablet.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @_JustMe_,

Thank you for your reply!

We investigated a little further and found that the content you mention by John Sinclair has a different release where all episodes are available. Please try with this URL, if you notice, there's a small difference in the way (Remastered) is written. 

About the other audio dramas, we totally understand these changes in availability can be confusing, However, they depend on the decisions taken by the right holders. Hopefully, they will be fully available again soon. 

Let us know if you have any questions.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hi @_JustMe_,

Thank you for posting in the Community and welcome.

We've checked this album and found that some of the content you list is no longer available. We want all the world’s music on Spotify, but availability can change over time and between countries, depending on the permissions from rights holders.

We add new content to Spotify every day, so if you can’t find something you’re looking for right now, it may appear soon.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

MafeGModerator

Thank you for answering. Note, that the issue ocurred not with music, but with a audio drama:
What I do not understand is the fact, that e. g. episode 1 of "John Sinclair" ("Folge 1: Im Nachtclub der Vampire [Remastered]") is partly there (see playlist of "(bully)" called "John Sinclair [Folge 1-148]"):
Chapter 1 and 2 are still available, 5 up to 10 are NOT available, than again chapter 11 and 12 are available. Every chapter is approx. 2 up to 7 minutes long. So episode 1 is NOT really available, even if there are some parts left. You just cannot follow the story because a LOT of its parts are missing. With other episodes of "John Sinclair" we have the same issue. If it is due to licensing or country restrictions, I rather would expect the WHOLE episode as deactivated, but not only parts of - especially not ones, which are only a few minutes long in duration! This is pretty strange.

Marked as solution

Hi @_JustMe_,

Thank you for your reply!

We investigated a little further and found that the content you mention by John Sinclair has a different release where all episodes are available. Please try with this URL, if you notice, there's a small difference in the way (Remastered) is written. 

About the other audio dramas, we totally understand these changes in availability can be confusing, However, they depend on the decisions taken by the right holders. Hopefully, they will be fully available again soon. 

Let us know if you have any questions.

MafeGModerator

Sorry for my late answer and thank you for investigating this issue as well for finding a functional playlist of "John Sinclair".

And yes... I now better understand now, what's actually going on here.
I guess we can handle this thread as "solved".

Suggested posts