Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Block / Hide / Blacklist tracks or artists best practice?

Block / Hide / Blacklist tracks or artists best practice?

I know that this has been discussed, the last topic I found was a few months ago. 

Was just trying to see if there was anything additional that I could do within the current system to blacklist an artist from a radio station. 

Currently I am playing Alice in Chains radio and Nickleback is constantly popping up. I thumb down every single time and it seems like the frequency of their songs are actually increasing. I've even seen a thumbs down song pop up after the fact!

Anything that can help me I would appreciate.

Thank you!

3 Replies

I decided no to use Spotify radio while working out because it keeps giving me reagueton, and I really hate that kind of thing. It doesn't matter if I mark it as dislike, just keeps coming up. 

One way to blacklist an artist... 

Go to an artists page (by search, for example). 

Tap the 3 dots menu in the upper-right. 

Then tap "Don't play this artist" 

IMG_1084.PNG

Hello. How do I block 5,6,7,8 by Steps on Spotify? It’s the one **bleep** amongst the  otherwise glittering treasure chest of pop diamonds & 24 carat solid gold hits that comprise their canon of work.

5,6,7,8…. Spotify please annihilate.

Which may be the lamest sentence and most pathetic attempt at making some words rhyme you’ve ever encountered in your life.

Until you hear the opening lines of 5,6,7,8 which someone, somewhere, actually gets money for, rather than a jail term.

Suggested posts