Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can I add music to Spotify, that is not owned by any label, and it is not my own (Пророк Санбой)?

Solved!

Can I add music to Spotify, that is not owned by any label, and it is not my own (Пророк Санбой)?

My Question or Issue

Hello everyone.

Can I add music to Spotify, that is not owned by any label, and is not my own?

There`s one musician, called Пророк Санбой (Phophet Sunboy).

When he was younger, he used to make a bunch of awesome pieces of music.

Now, he`s 54, and he has totally gone insane, and his mental state is getting worse over time.

He has a YouTube channel and a Telegram channel, where he`s posting extremely weird stuff, and doesn`t produce music anymore.

I`ve tried to communicate with him, in order to help to put his music on some musical streaming services, but he doesn`t respond. He doesn`t respond even on his Telegram and YouTube channels.

This music is bootleg, totally royalty-free, and is not owned by any studio or label. 

Some of his tracks are saved on VK so that I can transfer them here (here`s the playlist).

Is there any way to do that?

Снимок.PNG
Снимок2.PNG
Снимок3.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @ccc0der,

Thanks for the question.

In legal terms, it's not possible to upload music from the artist to Spotify without a music label. Even if the artist themselves wanted to upload their music on to the platform, they would still need a label.

If you have legal copies of their songs downloaded on your device, you can upload them to your app, as local files and listen to them on your personal devices. More info can be found here.

Hope this clears things up.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi there @ccc0der,

Thanks for the question.

In legal terms, it's not possible to upload music from the artist to Spotify without a music label. Even if the artist themselves wanted to upload their music on to the platform, they would still need a label.

If you have legal copies of their songs downloaded on your device, you can upload them to your app, as local files and listen to them on your personal devices. More info can be found here.

Hope this clears things up.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts