Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Can view and play an artists tracks, but they are unavailable in my playlists

Can view and play an artists tracks, but they are unavailable in my playlists

Plan

Premium

Country

usa

My Question or Issue

I imported a bunch of playlists recently but all of the tracks in these playlists are "unavailable". However, when I search for the track on Spotify I can see them, play them, etc. So... is there some way to tell Spotify to... idk... search bit harder when figuring out if a track is available or not?

4 Replies

Hello @sharenjoy,

Thanks for posting in the Community!

This could be a local cache-related issue. I can suggest you to log out and then to log back in, twice in a row, as this triggers a refresh between the servers and your account and may help to resolve any possible issues with the cached memory on your device. See if this will make things work as expected. 

If the above doesn't help, then it's well worth doing a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing the trouble. This process is more thorough than the usual reinstall and has a few extra steps, so I recommend you to follow the linked guide and see the relevant steps for your devices. 

Hope something here helps and does the trick for you, reach out if you need more help.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

These playlists were local iTunes playlists that I imported to Spotify. None of the tracks were listed as available in Spotify. I’d already tried resetting the cache and deleting the app but thanks for the suggestion.

You’d think there would be a “Re-match” context menu items for unavailable tracks which let you browse and re-link them to existing tracks on Spotify. This has existed for years in various music library management utilities which use Discogs and Musicbrainz data for matching.

Anyway I ended up importing the playlists to Soundiiz and then converting them to Spotify playlists. This triggered Spotify to actually look for matching tracks.

Hey @sharenjoy,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

We're glad to know that the workaround works well. We appreciate your feedback and the time you took sharing what works for you. Hopefully, this tip will help other users too.

If you feel other users will like the feature you're mentioning, we'd suggest posting it on the Ideas Exchange board. But before posting it, take a look at the guidelines we have.

In case you need anything else, remember that we're just a post away.

Cheers!

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I’d love to post it there but apparently new ideas can’t be posted at the moment.

Suggested posts