Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Censorship of music

Censorship of music

Why is there so much HipHop music censored?? It's annoying because I paid money for some songs so why are they censored? I find Spotify really good but I think it's stupid that people pay money for songs that are censored. It really is something you need to look at

7 Replies

Hey, welcome to the Community.

Spotify does not censor music in any way. We simply make the music available in whatever form it was given to us.

Albums are often released in two versions: the "explicit" and the "clean" version. Usually, both versions are available on Spotify. However, as both versions are seen as identical, they will be grouped when shown in the artist view page. Only one of these albums will be immediately visible. The other album can reached by clicking the button that displays duplicates, a small arrow to the far right-hand side next to the album title.

Was there a particular album you were having trouble with?

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

What about on the iphone. i am realizing that albums i have already created playlists for, all of a sudden some of the songs played not have the curses removed. are you guys actively removing tracks and putting in the censored? I dont want ANY censored music!!!!

"The other album can reached by clicking the button that displays duplicates, a small arrow to the far right-hand side next to the album title."

Is it me, or does this just not exist on the mobile app?

As some have pointed out -- the grouped option with the down arrow is not available on the mobile apps.

The censored version is shown on the artist page by default in the mobile apps. 

You have to do a deep search and look in the tracks sections for the uncensored duplicate.

Maybe Spotify can improve this. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

They definitely have to improve that. I'm a grown ass man. I don't need this Disney edit trash.

There are certain songs on The Eminem Show album (explicit version) that have cencored lyrics. Any word on that?

This feature in not on the app. =(

Suggested posts