Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Claim my artist profile

Claim my artist profile

I released a couple of tracks recently, but even though i created a spoty account with the same name as my artist name, its not asigned to me. i see those tracks as a diferent artist. and i only appear as regular user. how i sync or combine both? thx in advance

19 Replies

Hey!

Congrats on uploading you tracks - that's always an exciting step! TO make sure you have access to your artist page please register for Spotify For Artists here. Be sure to complete the Twitter verification/sync part as it helps the Spotify team verify who you are. Also, in the 'anythign else we need to know' box you can provide any other pertinent links you think might help in proving who you are. 

Via Spotify For Artists you'll be able to change your artist image, select an artist pin, manage artist playlists, see fan stats, and see analytics data. 

Now that Spotify For Artists is live you cannot sync an artist page and a user account so the only way to gain access is via the instruction above. 

Hope this helps! 

ok ive got my artist prifile. so now how i assing these 2 new releases to
my profile?

oh you're syaing the 2 new releases landed on the wrong artist page? if so you can repost it on this thread and spotify staff should be able to help out at some point. 

No. i´m saying that when i log in with my spotify account i see m y artist page as its not mine. i can even follow myself, which doesn´t make sense. 

Can you shoot me a couple links to what you're seeing please? Or maybe some screenshots - i think i'm misunderstanding what the problem is. 

Hello, I'm not on twitter, is there another way to complete that step? Thanks

If your tracks are being uploaded to different artist pages, you can reach out to Spotify support with links to both and they can rectify it.

I know exactly what you mean! I am also experiencing this. I read the solution to this problem and it's that Spotify no longer allows you to merge your personal and artist accounts. So although I have editing access to my artist page, my personal account can still follow my artist one. Apparently you used to be able to merge them but they did away with that for some reason...

Hi!

I've the same problem.

I want to create my artist profile, so: i sign in in spotify with a regular account and i tryied to CLAIM MY PROFILE but nothing! Spotify can't find my profile. Please elp, i don't know what to do and the support doesn't answer.

I have Spotify Premium. I also want to claim my artist profile. When I claim my artist profile, will that effect my Spotify Premium or would I keep both?

Working through a distributor or aggregator solves this problem. Even though DIY is an option, you have to be patient with the process. Our artist had the same issue. Unfortunately, the platform algorithyms does not have the ability to predict sourcing. If you really want to publish on your own, then we suggest you keep raching out to Spotify. Eventually, they will merge your profiles and aggregate your songs together. Good luck.

HI there

I'd like to know how to claim a second artist - because my distribution company got the name wrong on my first album and listed me as Wendy Kirkland Quartet, I claimed this profile. NOw my second album has gone up as Wendy Kirkland and I would like to claim this too.

Although, annoyingly I've been told I can't change the name of the artist on the first album from Wendy Kirkland Quartet to Wendy Kirkland, I would at least like to claim the second album too.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Wendy

Wendy, the best way to do this is to write your distributor. If you have different distributors for the releases, then you may want to consider moving to one distributor. Otherwise, you will need to copy the Spotify url / uri for the artist you want to be listed as, and send that to both distributors and request that they list your albums under that url/uri.

Spotify cannot help you directly, and if they do, it will take a while.

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

We suggest you get in touch with our team at Spotify for Artists. These folks specialize in queries submitted to Spotify by artists and content creators. They’ll be able to help you more specifically with the issue you’re addressing. 

You can reach out to them here.    

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Hi.. I can't claim my artist profile. My artist name is "Hooman"
My song is catch by other artist.
How i can claim my artist profile? Can annybody help me?

Hey @aryapraditya,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

It'd be great for you to follow @Ivan's suggestions and get in touch with our folks in the Artists support team in order to have this sorted. If you've claimed and accessed the right artist profile, it'd also be great to take a look at this page since it'll allow you to report any mismatch which might have happened involving your own content. 

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

yes

greetings

my name Is seany Sean I am an a hip hop artist from New York City 

I need help to claim the name seanysean to only me because there is another person using the same name as me and confusing my audience/fans and I also trade marked the name for digital download as a class 009. as the owner 

please contact me by email to resolve the problem 

Email:**bleep**

Hey @seanyseanmusic,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

On the artist page, you can select the option "Get Access" and then "Artist or manager" to claim the profile. However, if the artist name is duplicated, we'd recommend selecting a different one. To do so, you need to get in touch with your label or distributor to submit a metadata update to us. As a suggestion, you could ask them to use the same name seanyseanmusic to rename your artist profile.

In case you want to claim that specific name to be unique, you need to contact the other artist who has the name shared with you to dispute the legal rights of the name. 

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, we're just a post away. 

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts