Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Clueless on how to report fake artist who claims to be me

Clueless on how to report fake artist who claims to be me

Hi guys, I'm totally clueless here so please bear with me...

I'm a retired producer and just started using the app a few months ago. I was curious to check out my old tracks in here, which I found, however there is a fake artist who uploaded a track pretending to be me. I retired 5 years ago and now I found this unpleasant surprise. I would appreciate any helpful advice on how to report this person and have this fake track taken down.

This is the link to the fake track:

https://open.spotify.com/album/032n4wfkGeaBW0RbX74dTJ

Thanks in advance!

7 Replies

@Deepstate5000 wrote:

Hi guys, I'm totally clueless here so please bear with me...

I'm a retired producer and just started using the app a few months ago. I was curious to check out my old tracks in here, which I found, however there is a fake artist who uploaded a track pretending to be me. I retired 5 years ago and now I found this unpleasant surprise. I would appreciate any helpful advice on how to report this person and have this fake track taken down.

This is the link to the fake track:

https://open.spotify.com/album/032n4wfkGeaBW0RbX74dTJ

Thanks in advance!

Hi! Usually if you go to the artist's profile, you can make a report. Just click on the 3 dots, then click 'report'. I have never tried because I'm not facing any issues, but you can try that. By the way, I checked and it says the copyright belongs to "Ivan", publishing "Conspiracy". Do you know them?

I'm not a Spotify staff, just someone from a record label who cares so much about copyright issues. Maybe the others guys here have different suggestions?

Alternatively, you can read and make your report here:

https://support.spotify.com/is/account_payment_help/privacy/report-content-infringement/

Hey @Deepstate5000 

It looks like another case of "artist had their song uploaded on Spotify, but it ended up on the profile for another artist with same name". I doubt they are trying to impersonate you.

I recommend reading this FAQ on how to handle this. 🙂

Hope this helps, have a nice day!

Hi Sriver, I will report it asap. Thanks for your advice!

Hi Sebasty,

Thanks for your advice, unfortunately I know who this guy is and he is trying to impersonate me for sure, his track is basically a really bad rip-off of my tracks (also his cover art is a really bad rip-off). He used to stalk me on facebook back in the day lol.

Anyway I will check those FAQs, thanks!

I have the same problem! People are making fake accounts in my name. They are using my picture, name and profile and worse still, uploading on Youtube. I have an official YouTube channel with 130K Subscribers so I can't understand how a fake account can upload on Spotify and make claims on one of my covers which has more than 3.5 Million views. I reported a fake account two months ago, but unfortunately nothing was done about it so now there are even more fake accounts being made. It's so frustrating!

Hi there @Emily_Linge,

Sorry to hear that this has happened to you.

It's best if you reach out to our Artist Support here and let them know about this directly. They should get in contact with you as soon as possible.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts