Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Did Spotify quit allowing artists to make playlists of music they are listening to?

Did Spotify quit allowing artists to make playlists of music they are listening to?

I'm subscribed to maybe 45 playlists that different artists were updating. This wasn't their music, but music they were listening to. Seems around mid-December they all quit updating. This was a wide variety of artists/genres so I'm guessing Spotify quit allowing artists to make these? Weirdly, all the different record label playlists that I'm subscribed to are updating their playlists.

3 Replies

Hey @eightbitape, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

As far as I know artists still post playlists of the music they like.

It's not meant to be updated really frequently as it's up to the artist, just like users with their own playlists. I do change some of mine often but I rarely or never change some others.

Hope it helps 🙂

Hi, yep I knew that. It was just weird that like 45 people I follow, on the same day, quit updating their playlists for like a month. I did see a few the other day update a playlist, so I see that still works. Must have been the holidays or something.

Hey @eightbitape,

What you described does sound a bit odd, but we're glad to hear that those playlists are updating again!

If you have any other concerns, feel free to reach out - we'll be glad to help out.

Take care 🙂

Suggested posts