Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Discover Weekly playlist from Spotify (not from me)

Discover Weekly playlist from Spotify (not from me)

Today I discovered that Spotify account has a playlist named "Discover Weekly" https://open.spotify.com/user/spotifydiscover/playlist/3RzkPNE6p7ed43NKKrfguH url On what parameters is based this playlist? Is it a sort of global analysis and suggestion?
2 Replies

Man, you are in for a positive surprise 🙂

It's a playlist generated by Spotify from an attempt to analyze your music taste. It works MUCH better than the collaborative filtering techniques you may be familiar with from other sites.

I know what Discover Weekly playlist is, but on my old account i used to see that the discover weekly playlist "author" was me, not spotify, with my facebook profile pic as cover picture. Now i see this spotify made discover weekly playlist, totally not based on my tases, so i was asking my self with what criteria was it made 🙂 I'm currently on a new account because I asked the spotify support to move my data, I needed my account to be untied from facebook. Now i'm waiting those "two weeks of analytics" before i can have my very personal discover weekly playlist

Suggested posts