Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Does offline music count up for statistics?

Solved!

Does offline music count up for statistics?

Do the songs I listen offline count, for example, for Spotify to make my top 100 songs playlist, and for the song's general plays count?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @luthierycosta

Yes, Spotify will count offline listening for a song's play count and your listening stats.

The way it works is if you are offline, the data is stored in the app, and the next time you turn on the internet on your device, the data is sent to Spotify.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @luthierycosta

Yes, Spotify will count offline listening for a song's play count and your listening stats.

The way it works is if you are offline, the data is stored in the app, and the next time you turn on the internet on your device, the data is sent to Spotify.

MattSudaSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Is there a limit to how much it can store? For example, if I’m in airplane mode & listen to 100 hrs of downloaded music, would Spotify save all of that? Thanks. 

Hey @alorio,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community! 

Yes, there's a limit of 10,000 songs that you can download on 5 different devices for offline listening. You will be able to download your playlists and enjoy them while offline as long as you're logged in on the account you paid Premium for. More info about offline listening you can find in this article. 

Hope this helps. Let us know you have any more questions.

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

How far back does spotify track offline streaming, is it only 1 hour or is there some form of limit of how far back it goes

I have found a loophole in the app, this consists of me turning my internet on just to put the songs on then turn the internet off. Does this count towards my listening hours and etc?

Suggested posts