Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Dubious advert on Spotify

Dubious advert on Spotify

Hi,

I've just heard an audio advert in between tracks on Spotify that I think is quite dubious and I wonder if you do too.

It was an advert for Hiscox business insurance and it started with a man saying "I have just accessed your files. I will encrypt them one-by-one. If you try to close this down, I will delete a thousand of your files." 

A woman then started speaking stating how many businesses are liable to such an attack as they do not have insurance and advertising the business insurance that Hiscox provides.

Now the opening spiel was quite clearly designed to give the impression that someone was accessing and trying to manipulate and delete the user's files through Spotify - and though most people would have realised that such a thing wasn't possible, I imagine that more susceptible people may well have been quite alarmed hearing such a thing.

I have already complained to the Advertising Standards Authority about this advert but I wanted to bring it to your attention so you realise that a company is trying to give the impression that somebody is using Spotify to access the user's files.

1 Reply

Hello @JasonC1782!

Thanks for coming to the Community.

Currently it's not possible to report ads in Spotify. I'd recommend checking out this idea which currently is inactive but you can always add your votes and comments as it might be implemented in the future.

Hope this helps and have a nice day!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts