Explicit content

Highlighted

Re: Explicit content

Yngkush420
Music Fan

Thank you I appreciate the help

rachibabe

Is there a way to KEEP the explicit content off. I have to do this in my settings EVERY time I open spotify. Is this normal?

firsticon
Composer

I have the same issue when I'm on a desktop application (web player or actual program) , however, the "Report Explicit Content" option is full available in the mobile app.  FYI, I have a Samsung Note 8, but I'm sure the same would apply on the Iphone. 

firsticon
Composer

It is an excellent tool! I built a playlist for my 5 year old when we do our weekend dancing and shenanigans lol. The explicit oe E tag helps me quickly identify what I can and should not add. Also, in many cases, a song will have a regular version and a "radio edit" or "clean version.

BjornWight
Casual Listener

great addition for those who are interested in music without explicit content

Andresmeza_13

unfortunately no, there's no way to take out the explicit content from spotify itself, but you can all way avoid playing those songs if you're premium thought. 

NewHireOnFire
Casual Listener

Have fun and good luck. Depending the stretch of your playlist, that wuold be even more difficult than Spotify getting the claims from the right holders before it gets uploaded onto their server.

Remember... " Content we identify as explicit is based on information we receive from rights-holders, so we can’t guarantee that no explicit content will play with this setting."

BritneyC
Casual Listener

You can search for the song and click "Songs" (if on the webplayer) and the non-explicit song should pop up. Screen Shot 2019-03-09 at 10.45.17 PM.pngExample

Fr33thasinner
Songwriter

So If I have the explicit content switch off, will it play the clean version in my playlist or skip songs?

BritneyC
Casual Listener
It will skip the song, unless you have the clean version.
SUGGESTED POSTS