Re: Explicit content

J-Tunez
Gig Goer

I definitely agree with you💯

PanGanesha
Regular
**bleep** yeah!
I'm sorry. I'm trying not to **bleep**ing swear so much.**bleep**.

DonKrill
Composer
Yes. In settings turn off allow explicit language 👍

ArtisL
Casual Listener

fahad-ingelby
testing 123

mouwthe
Regular

Some of this podcast content is getting pretty graphic. I don't think many extremists would self-identify as such so maybe there should be a 3rd party to review if content is suitable for all audiences.

nintendude794
Regular
Even a LOT of Music gets away with being explicit, without the ‘Explicit’ label. There used to be a ‘Report Explicit Content’ option. If they can’t bring that back, maybe they could at least let us mark content as Explicit for our own account(s)? To clarify, there is some explicit content I like in some contexts (H.a.m. by PrototypeRaptor during exercise for example), and I’m nearly never if ever going to Hide Explicit Content via Settings—but I’d still like to know which songs I enjoy contain explicit content (the Live version of Invisible Touch by Genesis from The Way We Walk Vol. 1 comes to mind) in advance more reliably. I also want to voluntarily help people avoid accidentally hearing tracks like these since they’re not labeled as Explicit already. Maybe crowdsource the reporting of Explicit content somehow. I’d post this in an Ideas forum post but I’m sure it’s been complained about enough before.

Ivan

Hey folks, 

Thanks for sharing your feedback on the Community.

We can recommend having a look at this Community Idea suggesting the implementation of an option allowing users to report explicit content on desktop as well. 

You can support the idea by adding your +VOTE and clicking on Subscribe in the three-dots menu at the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up-to-date with any relevant updates about the idea. It’s also worth knowing that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented.

We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions. 

IvanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
“Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp

mouwthe
Regular

This is a terrible method for solving your company's ethical gaffes. How do you expect to count the votes of your customers who leave and never look back? Is it not enough to register a complaint (without becoming and activist)? Do you think this process would provide any defensibility if Spotify was threatened with legal action?

I would love to hear a response to this issue from a senior leader at Spotify. We shouldn't have to solve issues like this in the community forums. 

Kajalkaurr
Visitor
Hi I couldn’t connect spotify with alexa

TimUnkknown65
Visitor
I agree we have to clean our playlist to not just put random songs and random followers. Put the songs which are related to the name on the title...

VirtuesCount
Casual Listener

There are 3 tracks on the album "Sing, Sing, Sing" by Voices of Lee that are incorrectly marked as explicit. This is a Christian music album and none of the tracks are explicit. I have my settings set to make explicit tracks unplayable, so that makes these tracks unplayable to me unless I change the settings. 

andrewjgriff
Regular

What I'd like is a toggle button on the app to be able to switch it quickly between censored and uncensored, so that when my kids are around I can just flip the switch and not worry (much) about the music I'm playing

SUGGESTED POSTS