Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Facebook story 15-seconds audio preview not working

Solved!

Facebook story 15-seconds audio preview not working

Hi all,

I usually share songs to my Facebook story but since few days the 15-seconds audio preview stopped working. It still shows the song with the album cover but no audio. I have Spotify on both Android and iPad. The issue seems to be on both. Any ideas how to solve this will be really appreciated.

Thank you,

Diana 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Same issue for us who shares songs through a Facebook group. Don't know if the issue is at Facebook or Spotify. A feature greatly appreciated though. Hope it get fixed soon.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Same issue for us who shares songs through a Facebook group. Don't know if the issue is at Facebook or Spotify. A feature greatly appreciated though. Hope it get fixed soon.

Same. I thought it was just my account that's having a problem. I was thinking if this is a marketing strategy of spotify so facebook users would listen directly instead to spotify instead of getting song previews on Facebook stories instead. Even when you share Spotify links on your Facebook wall, the songs are no longer playable and only links are provided. 

Hi,
I got an anwser on their twitter. Sad news the feature is removed. I have found some odd songs that works.
You can test links at facebook debug site.
Found a Norwegian X-factory cover of Toxic and some Swedish songs that still have the preview på if you re-scrape those you loose the feature.

Hopefully they bring it back. Heard some rumours regarding legacy-problems with this feature but nothig confirmed. Don't think any of their competition offers this feature (Tidal, Youtube music, Apple etc.)
Here is the twitterpost

https://tinyurl.com/y4j5j8r3

Yes, I've noticed that too.
I thought the issue was only on my account but looks like they have removed the feature. It was a good one, hope they bring it back at some point.
Some songs still work for some reason, don't know why.

Anyway, thanks for all the answers! 

The little Spotify player with a 30 second preview no longer works in the "new" Facebook design. I reverted to the "old" Facebook and it works fine, but the "new" Facebook just posts the album cover which links to Spotify, and if someone doesn't have an account, they can't play anything. 

Suggested posts