Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Geographic content

Geographic content

Plan: Premium

I am from the UK but live in India and Thailand.  I recently subscribed to the Premium version of Spotify in India after cancelling my Thai Deezer subscription.

I am being offered lots of content related to India which I am not interested in and would like to be able to set something in my profile which would cause me to see UK based content.

Is this possible?

4 Replies

Hey! Welcome to our community! I believe that in these links that I am sending you can configure your app and or speak directly with support. I hope it solves your problem. Strong hug and a great weekend!

https://support.spotify.com/br/contact-spotify-support/
https://support.spotify.com/br/article/country-region-settings/

Hi

Thanks for you reply and kind words. 

Firstly I did have to find the English versions of these pages as even with being a DuoLingo user I haven't made my way to Portuguese yet. LOL.

There is no country or region setting for content, it seems more connected with payment.  I will contact support.  A lot of big software companies Goole included don't seem to have understood that people don't always live in the country they are from or speak the language of. 

I am in Thailand now, my other home, and Google likes to return search results with Thai Buddhist dates.  Maybe I want results from Thailand but I want my date to be Gregorian even if a little bit of mental arithmetic is good for the brain.  The same for Spotify,  I live in India but would like to see content from Brazil maybe or in my case the UK.

Hi @damole,

Thanks for the info. Availability and to some extent recommendations are based on the country of your account and when you have Premium, that is defined by the country of your payment method. The country of the account cannot be configured sepparately from this.

Hope this clears things up.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

That's really poor, why do companies that operate on the world wide web not get the world wide bit.  I am not asking to be able to play music that is not licensed in the country where I am currently but I would like access to playlists that are relevant to me.

Suggested posts