Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

How can I Hide paid podcasts for shows that i am subscribed to?

How can I Hide paid podcasts for shows that i am subscribed to?

I am a subscriber to some pods that offer free shows, but also have paid episodes as well. I am not a paying subscriber, but both free and “locked” paid shows are showing up in my feed, and I can’t get them to go away. Its incredibly annoying.
5 Replies

That sounds annoying! On Spotify, there isn't a built-in filter to separate free from paid episodes directly. A workaround could be to manually create a playlist and add only the free episodes you're interested in. This way, you can avoid seeing the locked episodes in your feed. Hope this helps clear things up!

I'm having the same issue.  It wasn't a thing before the last app update.  If I could mark these episodes as finished it would be a vast improvement.  At this point I want to completely unsubscribe to the effected podcasts.

Hey,

Thank you for reaching out to the Spotify community 

Currently the option to filter is based on newest to oldest, played and unplayed.

You can suggest a feature here ,an idea gets enough votes, it’s sent to the teams within Spotify to review.

TanyaSRising Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

This does not solve my problem and don’t believe a new feature is
required. It seems that a systematic change was made a couple weeks ago
that changed the “New Episodes” playlist. I never used to get locked/paid
podcasts in this list until recently. I’m now seeing them and cannot make
them go away.

It clutters up the list and makes for a poor user experience. This on top
of other poor experiences makes it difficult to enjoy using the app.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Filter-Paid-and-Unpaid-Content-in-New-Episodes-Feed/idi-...

I am having the same issues and I have created an “idea” here which brings this issue to Spotifys attention. Please go vote for it. 

Suggested posts