Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

How do I turn off promotions blurbs on Spotify startup?

Solved!

How do I turn off promotions blurbs on Spotify startup?

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I pay for Spotify with the understanding that I never have to deal with ads but to me it feels as though Spotify has broken this promise by beginning to subtly and not so subtly put in ads for it own content with no option to remove it. This morning, I was hit with a startup banner message for four related playlist/podcast lists. Often, I'll see content that I would never listen to feature prominently in my home screen. I don't want this. I want the option to disable these popups and curated advertisements for Spotify content in my home screen and not have to be directed by content like this. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @1260162633,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

Spotify doesn't play ads that interrupt the music listening experience for Premium users. However, you can still see some Spotify promos as pop-ups within the app, but they'll only appear once and only when first opening the app. By tapping on Dismiss, further related pop-ups won't appear anymore, but you may still see some others regarding different topics.

However, we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and we'll make sure to pass it on to the right folks.

If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

15 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @1260162633,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

Spotify doesn't play ads that interrupt the music listening experience for Premium users. However, you can still see some Spotify promos as pop-ups within the app, but they'll only appear once and only when first opening the app. By tapping on Dismiss, further related pop-ups won't appear anymore, but you may still see some others regarding different topics.

However, we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and we'll make sure to pass it on to the right folks.

If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Yes, I too believe this is an annoyance that premium users should be able to turn off. 

Does anyone know if these promotions ads are on apple music?

This is frustrating enough for me that I'm going to change services to deezer. Spotify advertising to their paid customers is the final straw for me. You guys are the worst.

Plan

Premium

Android

My Question or Issue

Hello after paying for premium I expect to have the option to opt out of spam or third parties trying to interfere with my experience. How can I opt out permanently from all "sponsored recommendations" third party reminders to vote and all the rest of the unwanted spam besieging my listening experience?

Is spotify really going to be the next vanced patch due to their obstinant refusal to hear their customers?

I'm having the same problem...premium used to mean no ads until right now. Now it seems useless to pay for it

Just got a pop-up with a "recommendation" for a new NSYNC album. No matter how you call it, but this is an ad. Btw never listened to NSYNC, don't intent to do in the future. But why the f***? I'm paying for Spotify and the promise was not to bother me with any ads. Guys, listen, if you don't fulfill you part of the contract, pay me back.

I have a premium but I keep getting the startup add to upgrade for family plan - with no way to permenantly stop this even if you press dismiss each time - this is what made me switch from amazon prime music to spotify so if spotify is going to start doing this then I will switch again.

This doesn't stop the popups at startup just dismisses them for that session; it may permenantly stop an ad for a specific album etc but you just get other ones and it never seems to get rid of the upgrade ad for spotify family plan.

This is one more straw on the camel's back... Still not broken.
Stop showing ads to premium users. Give them option to disable it.

Total breach of trust. I have been paying for this going on 8 years. Time to look for other options. 

As another paying user - please allow us to disable this. 

I'll be switching music providers if I get spammed one more time for concerts or events I have *no* interest in.

You could have implemented this in a manner that people would have *appreciated* -- let people opt-in for concert or album notifications associated with artists, genres, or whatever.  A quick checkbox while displaying search results.  People would *like* that - and you'd get reliable information to act on instead of spamming the masses with annoying ads.

Agree with above; we should be rewarded for pudding for premium. Not subjected to more advertising. Allow us to turn these off permanently.

What’s the point in paying for premium when I’m still getting ads interrupting my listening experience? I understand that on podcasts, they promote stuff on the original recordings but the ads I’m not happy with are put in by Spotify. This is simply unacceptable and as I understand I’ve been mis-lead in paying for premium, this is pure greed by Spotify. 
Please tell me how to turn these ads off or give me a full refund on my subscription to date. 

I also despise the advertisements.

Suggested posts