Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

How to differentiate artist pages?

Solved!

How to differentiate artist pages?

There is an artist with the same name already on Spotify, but they're inactive.  I want to upload my music, but I'm afraid it will get put on the same artist page as their music, and then people will think their music is also mine.  How can I make sure my music starts a new artist page?  Using CD Baby as my distributor. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @fosterferrell, and welcome to the Community!!

It makes sense that you want your music to go to your own page, and not somebody else's.  You deserve credit for your work!  The best thing for you to do is to get in touch with your distributor, CD Baby.  A lot of distributors, including CD Baby, have deals with Spotify to get your music to the company and handle copyright and royalties, etc.  You may already know some of that.  Because your distributor works with Spotify on these issues, they should be able to ensure your music goes to your account and not somebody else's, so make sure you address the concern with them.  You should be set, but feel free to let me know if there's anything else I can do to help!   

If I helped you, likes please!
If I answered you, Accept as Solution!!
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Check out my backstage interview

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi @fosterferrell, and welcome to the Community!!

It makes sense that you want your music to go to your own page, and not somebody else's.  You deserve credit for your work!  The best thing for you to do is to get in touch with your distributor, CD Baby.  A lot of distributors, including CD Baby, have deals with Spotify to get your music to the company and handle copyright and royalties, etc.  You may already know some of that.  Because your distributor works with Spotify on these issues, they should be able to ensure your music goes to your account and not somebody else's, so make sure you address the concern with them.  You should be set, but feel free to let me know if there's anything else I can do to help!   

If I helped you, likes please!
If I answered you, Accept as Solution!!
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Check out my backstage interview

Suggested posts