Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

How to import listening history, or have a meaningful discover weekly?

How to import listening history, or have a meaningful discover weekly?

I have a last.fm account with a lot of history in it, and I just started using spotify.

Now I found a way to get that history, and even convert it into a spotify playlist; how can I make it so that spotify takes that source of data into account? OR even integrate it into my history?

2 Replies

Hi @libussa and welcome to the Community! 🙂
If your listening history with Last.Fm was not originally tracked through Spotify, it isn't possible to have Spotify read from it retroactively.

My best advice would be to start streaming from that list so that Spotify can adapt to that particular style.
If you add songs to your library and playlists, as well as tell Spotify what you like and don't like through Daily Mixes, Radio and Discover Weekly, it should start giving you better suggestions.

Have a good one and happy listening! 🙂

The fact that you have your complete Last.fm listening history as a Spotify playlist now should already be taken into account by Spotify for new recommendations on your Discover Weekly and other recommended artists and playlists. Like Bethany mentioned, listening to your new playlist will enhance that further, and you could also highlight all tracks in it and add them to "Your Music/Songs" which is your library on Spotify. Following related artists from your playlist also helps to get better recommendations in Release Radar. If you have many loved tracks on Last.fm, there are online tools to convert them into a Spotify playlist as well. Last but not least you should scrobble your Spotify listening to Last.fm, too, because you can also directly play any Last.fm content with Spotify if you have a Spotify Premium account.

Suggested posts