Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

I can't find a song from 1993

I can't find a song from 1993

The song that I'm looking for is from 1993. Its stuck in my head but I have very little to go on. The song started with a church organ similar but not exactly to the beginnings of Faith by George Michael or Midnight Blue by Lou Gramm. It had one note which lasted a few seconds, then went higher for a few seconds. It repeated and then had about 10 notes that went higher and lower. A man started singing Time Passing By or I'm Passing By twice. He reminded me of Bruce Hornsby but I don't think it was him. It was an adult contemporary. Can anyone help?

6 Replies

@tricklepower

Hello:

You might have some luck going through a billboard list of Adult Contemporary songs from 1993 and see if the song is listed from here: http://www.billboard.com/archive/charts/1993/adult-contemporary

Thanks for your help. I tried looking through the hot 100 and a/c charts from that time and I can't find it. I've ruled out all of the songs from 1993 that made the chart. I guess this song didn't make it. Funny thing is this is the only song I can't identify. And there were a bunch of obscure ones. I had a bunch of recorded tapes from then. They were no longer playable, so I'm doing this from memory.

@tricklepower

Since you posted the song was similiar to one by Bruce Hornsby, you might check his artist page, and then look at the related artist section of Bruce Hornsby's artist page, and see if anything caches your eyes or ears for this elusive song?

"Passing Through" by Bruce Hornsby

"Passing By" by Robert Cray

Thats all I can think of, but if you think of anymore lyrics just google them lyric and then 1993 maybe something will come up and you might find it. I know I hate when I can't find the song im thinking of. I hope this helps alittle bit.

Bruce had an album out in 1993. I bought it a while back but the song I'm looking for wasn't on there. So I ruled him out for singing it. Maybe it was only a single, or probably someone else sang it.

The problem is some of these songs that I identified never made the billboard charts, others only made it to the 70-100 position on the hot 100 chart. The stations at that time had deep playlists. 

Suggested posts