Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

I can’t listen to an individual song

Solved!

I can’t listen to an individual song

On Spotify (free version)  I used to be able to search for a song and play it full length. It might be an update I’m not sure but whenever I would want to listen to one song on its own it puts it into a random playlist with songs I don’t really want to listen to. I also used to be able to pick one song from my playlist to listen to but now you can’t listen to a certain song from the playlist, just a 15-second trailer of it. I’m not sure if I did something in settings or if it’s just a bad update. Thanks.

(*EDIT*) Now I realise that it was the end of the 7-day trial of some premium benefits

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi Daniil1!

I think your problem is related to the fact that you don't have Spotify Premium.
Without Spotify Premium, you can still search for a song and play it full length using your PC but it is not possible by mobile phone.

Hope this helps.
Cheers!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi Daniil1!

I think your problem is related to the fact that you don't have Spotify Premium.
Without Spotify Premium, you can still search for a song and play it full length using your PC but it is not possible by mobile phone.

Hope this helps.
Cheers!

If I just want to listen to a random song (without premium), I cheat this by searching the song, adding it to its own new playlist, and then just shuffling that playlist. Of course, the only option is the song I want to play, so it plays that.

It's a big of a drag to have to create a new playlist and all that, but it's the easiest solution.

I’ve tried creating a playlist and it does create with one added by me but now with the addition of ‘we have added’ then a list of other songs. I’ve tried hiding them but it just keeps adding more. The only option is to shuffle so I can’t even just listen to that one song, or even skip to it as we all know how Spotify are about skipping songs. This doesn’t push me to pay for premium, it puts me off using Spotify at all when there are other services available. I won’t be the only one

I am trying to ask Alexa on the dot to play one song I recently moved a few towns over and now it doesn't work. Why?

Hi!

With the latest spotify update in 2023, you can have that old experience again.

Suggested posts