Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

I decided to switch from Distrokid. I need help

I decided to switch from Distrokid. I need help

Hey guys,

So I decided to cut my ties to distrokid, because they ripped me off on a payday and some more issues... I got a couple of questions that I hope you guys can help me get answered.

1) I got a lot of revenue that's "not yet reported", meaning stores didn't send it to distrokid (I guess). What I need to know is, if I delete my releases now from distrokid and release them via different service under same credentials (artist, song name etc), will these royalties still be paid to distrokid, or to my new service?

2) If they still go to distrokid, is there a way for me to get stores to send the revenue to my new service?

If somebody's been in a similar situation and got it resolved somewhat painlessly, please speak up. Thanks.

3 Replies

Hello @notarobotiswear

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

I'd recommend taking a look at the FAQ on the Spotify for Artists page. 

If you were not able to find answers to your questions there, make sure to reach out to Support for Artists, as they'll be able to provide you with further help. You can find the contact form at the end of the FAQ. 

I hope you'll find this info helpful!

Hi @notarobotiswear,

Releases from a former Aggregator (distributor) can not be paid through a new Aggregator (distributie). What is to be advised in this matter is to keep the relationship with your current aggregator (distributie) at such a good level that as soon as they get the royalties you can get it through them. Releases you Re-release via A new aggregator (distributor) wil be paid via the new aggregator (distributor) who re-releases those songs for you. Keep in mind that all your plays will get lost as soon as you pull the plug at your current Aggregator and Re-release these tracks at a new one. I think you should also check if there is a term of notice your current aggregator has in the agreement you signed with them. Have yourself advised by your current aggregator before You pull the plugg on those released tracks. 

If my answer was helpfull to you? Please leave Kuddo’s or likes.

PublishYouOne - Because I Love Music So Much

So how this is going? are you finally change your distributor?

Suggested posts