Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

I have a single, and I want to release it on my album. However...

I have a single, and I want to release it on my album. However...

I released a single last year with another collaborator. He is listed as my collaborator on Spotify (Song Title - Artist 1, Artist 2).

However, I want to include it on my album. Each song is from a different producer on my album. Because of the way Distrokid works, I can't input each collaborator per song. So I'm releasing it under my artist name alone, with each producer in the production credits, which everyone has signed off on and is OK with.

Back to me wanting to incorporate this already-released song into my album. Spotify announced it rejects duplicate audio if the artist name and song title isn't the same. Well, it is the same - same name, same artist.

However, there was the collaborator! He is included in the artists as a collaborator on the song. Is Spotify going to reject this duplicate because the artist name(s) aren't exactly the same, and it's been reduced to just my name?

Should I be using my pre-existing ISRC for this given the circumstances, or should I risk it and let Distrokid generate a new one?

(Note: I would be happy to just delete the song and re-upload it again on my album, but when I go to delete it, Distrokid says "Streaming services won't let you upload it again, unless you use the exact same artist name and metadata." !!)

1 Reply

Hi there @Puptart,

thanks for reaching out about this !

I would start off by recommending your visit this Spotify for Artists FAQ page for possible further info.

However, in cases of artist questions, it's best you reach out to Spotify for Artists support team through this page.

Please bear in mind that due to the current Covid-19 global situation, it might take them a bit more time to respond.

Thanks for your patience and good luck 🙂

Suggested posts