Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

I've paid for music, not for podcasts. I want Neil Young und NOT Joe Rogan !!!

I've paid for music, not for podcasts. I want Neil Young und NOT Joe Rogan !!!

I've been paying for Spotify premium for many years now, but I've become more and more disappointed about Spotify's politics regarding podcasts.

I've been paying for music and not for podcasts! I don't want to pay for podcasts nor do I want to listen to podcasts.

I WANT NEIL YOUNG BACK !!!

Forget about Joe Rogan!

Best Regards.

25 Replies

100% agree

Same here, I don't need Spotify to listen to my podcasts, I need it for music (and the occasional radio play for my kid).

The only thing that works is that we end the Spotify subscription, so let's say we end the subscription by the end of February if they do not change

I'm also a Neil Young fan and when podcasts started it seemed harmless enough, but then I noticed my homepage has a bunch of suggested podcasts, sometimes including Joe Rogan.

Now it seems that we get less of the music we love because of postcasts.

I'm paying premium for music, not podcasts, but Spotify is pushing more podcasts and giving less music.

Niel Young did this, not Spotify. Niel Young is trying to stop your freedom of speech with his ultimatums. Niel Young made an unreasonable demand to try and stomp out your first amendment right and you're mad at Spotify? I think this is one of the most hypocritical chat threads ever. Hopefully Niel Young doesn't demand you stop talking or he'll take his music away... Because by the sounds of it, you people would rather rock out to his now hypocritical song Keep on Rockin In The Free World, than actually keep on talking in the free world.  You claim to be Neil Young fans, but you've obviously missed his message, as has he. 

I have no interest in podcasts. I want NEIL YOUNG

"I have no interest in podcasts but I'm going to spend five hours on the internet complaining about them. "

It's a sick thing these boomers have done to the world. By only accepting one solution to covid they've managed to bring covid deaths to record levels this week. They've killed thousands by suppressing scientifically proven therapeutics and treatments all because they're easy prey for big pharma advertising.

They now have the audacity to block the world from listening to dissenting scientific information from some of the top experts in the world. This will only lead to more deaths and suffering.

You've already destroyed the world economy for a generation and made sure there's no future for today's youth. Why don't you geriatric mental patients stick to your nursing homes so we can start rebuilding the world you shattered with your obedience to authority?

ABSOLUTELY UNBELIEVIBLE! Rogan is spreading life threatening misinformation! Let's hear it for Niel Young. Sayonara Spotify. You need to shut that @#$%^&*(*&^%$#@! up!

Anyone else notice all the bot-like accounts are making the same basic failed points but filtered through sn AI natural language processor?

2022 internet is like your own personal Truman show. Is anyone here even real?

You guys wont even spend money on better quality streams. I hoped at least some of my money would go towards that, not some absolute **bleep** of a person. 

I'm trialling both Amazon Music and Tidal at the moment, it's just now a matter of which of those I'll be moving to full time. 

@erikr1979 wrote:

Niel Young did this, not Spotify. Niel Young is trying to stop your freedom of speech with his ultimatums. Niel Young made an unreasonable demand to try and stomp out your first amendment right and you're mad at Spotify? I think this is one of the most hypocritical chat threads ever. Hopefully Niel Young doesn't demand you stop talking or he'll take his music away... Because by the sounds of it, you people would rather rock out to his now hypocritical song Keep on Rockin In The Free World, than actually keep on talking in the free world.  You claim to be Neil Young fans, but you've obviously missed his message, as has he. 

2 really simple things.

Firstly, his name is Neil.

Secondly, there is no such thing as freedom of speech on a private platform. You can say whatever the **bleep** you want, but there's no entitlement whatsoever to say that anywhere you want.

STRONGLY AGREE!

@erikr1979 wrote:

I'm not sure where you live, but in a market economy, the customer expects the supplier (Spotify) to supply the service (music) he/she wants at a reasonable price and convenience. As mentioned, we now get less of the music we love and because our homepage gets plastered with suggestions for podcasts that we don't want, we get less convenience too.

Music/price/convenience

Two of those have got worse and the price has stayed the same. That is the problem for Spotify to solve.

Is freedom of association a thing where you live? It seems to me that Neil Young is simply exercising his freedom of association and he should be able to choose who he associates himself with.

> I'm not sure where you live, but in a market economy, the customer expects the supplier (Spotify) to supply the service (music) he/she wants at a reasonable price and convenience.

Mr. Young made the choice not Spotify.

@MutualDisdain wrote:
> I'm not sure where you live, but in a market economy, the customer expects the supplier (Spotify) to supply the service (music) he/she wants at a reasonable price and convenience.

Mr. Young made the choice not Spotify.

My contract is with Spotify. If you hire a Ford rental car and the wheels fall off, you complain to the rental car company, not Ford.

I think if you were a real fan you would have bought it years ago and saved yourself a monthly fee.

Like many people I only have some albums and don't even have a working vinyl record player these days. The whole point of subscribing to Spotify is to get access to the whole discography for Neil Young and other artists. If I have to start paying for missing albums, I might as was well leave Spotify premium and just buy albums each month.

Perhaps that's what Spotify wants, no music, just podcasts.

fire low IQ Joe Rogan.

Spending 100m$ on a single podcast alone is enough justification for criticism, even if it would be the most agreeable and pleasing podcast of all times. After all, this is paid out of our monthly contributions. IMHO this should be spread among more (lots of) artists instead of only one. And yes, I'd prefer to see my Spotify money invested in musicians, because that's what I choose Spotify for. I listen only to a few very selected podcasts regularly, and those really worth the money I sponsor on Patreon. All the others are no must-have for me, I can easily do without.
I'm almost certain, that Spotify won't kick Rogen and get Young back because I'd assume that the contracts with Rogan won't make it easy to step back without losing a lot of money. And I doubt that enough people will withdraw from Spotify because of this incident.
Not yet sure how I will go on from here, but it's definitely a good impulse to evaluate alternatives again. I've switched before and I'm not above doing it again.

Suggested posts