Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Is it risky to stream my own track on repeat?

Is it risky to stream my own track on repeat?

Is it possible to gain streams by doing this? And will i get banned? 

I mean i have some friends that did it for their own tracks and gained like 28k streams and yeah it was obvious they had like 50 monthly listeners.

I want to do it only for like 10 days, like 12Hours every day.

Thanks for the answers.

1 Reply

Hi @aliinaALY,

Interesting question you posted!

Even if you are an artist and have your own music on Spotify, you can still at the same time be a user and listening to your own songs is not forbidden to my knowledge. While I can totally understand your love for your own music, I think it would be kind of hard to sell that you would really listen to it in the amount you stated.

That being said, using Spotify means you agree to the Spotify Terms and Conditions of Use and section 9 point 8 states that it is not permitted to artificially increase play counts. Check out the link, it is even in "normal" English ;-). Other than that, there is no information I can find on this. While it does not specifically state you are not allowed to play a song on repeat for so and so many times or hours, I would not be surprised if Spotify decides it falls within the boundaries of artifically increasing play counts. I would personally stick on the safe side and not indulge in such practices.

Apart from the Terms and Conditions, why would you want to increase play counts? If you are truly an artist, wouldn't you want to know if your music truly delivers and reaches your audience? If you yourself increase play counts, you would not be able to see the results of your hard work as easily compared to when you let your audience do the real work of listening to the songs and listening to them more often if they like it.

Hope this info helps!

Suggested posts