Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is "Recently played" visible on profile with the new desktop update?

Solved!

Is "Recently played" visible on profile with the new desktop update?

Plan

Premium

Country

Switzerland

Device

Macbook Pro

My Question or Issue

What is the difference between A "See what your friends are playing" and B "Show my listening activity on Spotify"?

Is A not showing what I'm playing in friends' feed?

Is B showing my "Recently Played" list or is it showing live what I'm listening on my friends' feed?

Can I hide my "Recently Played" as I could before the update?

I like to show what I'm listening on friends' feed, but I don't what the "recently played" on my profile, because I scroll through so much music, which is not always the music I like.

Thank you for any helpful response.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @accattone,

Welcome to the Community!

• A "See what your friends are playing" - this will show you what your friends are listening to in real time. This appears with your friends' usernames in the right-hand side of the app.
  • B "Show my listening activity on Spotify"? - this will enable your friends to see which song you're currently listening to. It does not include your Recently Played.

Regarding the Recently Played section - it's currently not possible to remove items from there manually.

Hope this answers your questions. Don't hesitate to get back to us if you have more.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @accattone,

Welcome to the Community!

• A "See what your friends are playing" - this will show you what your friends are listening to in real time. This appears with your friends' usernames in the right-hand side of the app.
  • B "Show my listening activity on Spotify"? - this will enable your friends to see which song you're currently listening to. It does not include your Recently Played.

Regarding the Recently Played section - it's currently not possible to remove items from there manually.

Hope this answers your questions. Don't hesitate to get back to us if you have more.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts