Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Like and Don't Play This

Like and Don't Play This

I have a few questions I haven't been able to find answers to. 

1) When I click "don't play this" from daily mix 1, does that remove the song from ever playing again on Spotify unless I "like" the song again? Or does it only remove it from the current playlist that you are listening to (in this example, daily mix 1) 

So, could I remove "Satisfaction" from 1 mix  and still have it play in a separate mix? Or show up as a suggestion? 

2) Is skipping a better alternative than "do not play"? 

3) Also, does Spotify put more weight on songs you "like" and add to your library, or more weight if you add it to a playlist? 

Any help is greatly appreciated!

3 Replies

1. It just removes it from your daily mix. So, yes you can have the son in a playlist and not want to play it in your daily mix.

2. The skipping option is better since it soes not remove the song. Though if you dont want the song in your daily mixes, you can let spotify know, by pressing the do not play button.

3. I'm not sure but i think its a mix or how much you listen to that type of music and that spesific song. 

Regarding (1) I’ve found that sometimes I need to click “don’t play” a couple of times before it ‘sticks’.  And it does still throw in the same artist again which I think is a good thing,  since I can think of plenty of examples where a particular song isn’t my thing but I do like other songs by the same artist. 

thanks for the input!

Suggested posts