Limit to 'offline' playlists?

Solved!

Limit to 'offline' playlists?

timiambeing
Community Legend

I just spotted something in your FAQ about a limit of 3,333 tracks offlined? Is this true, and if so can you explain why? I realise as you need to re-sync updated tracks for all sorts of reasons, if someone has thousands of tracks offline then they could be re-syncing forever - but I have sort of got into the habit of offlining ever since the problems we had with BT throttling Spotify! It's great having a streaming service for music discovery, but here in the UK our broadband infrastructure is so flaky we can't rely on being able to use your service all the time if we don't offline. I tend to offline anything I 'collect', am I not using Spotify as you expect I should I wonder?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution!

Katerina

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

You can now download up to 10,000 songs on each of up to 5 different devices. You can view and manage all your offline devices here

There's more info about this in this support site article

If you're having troubles with your downloaded content, you can take a look at this support site article instead. 

Hope this helps clarify things! If there's anything else we can help with, don't hesitate to give us a shout.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

View solution in original post

138 Replies
Solution!

Katerina

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

You can now download up to 10,000 songs on each of up to 5 different devices. You can view and manage all your offline devices here

There's more info about this in this support site article

If you're having troubles with your downloaded content, you can take a look at this support site article instead. 

Hope this helps clarify things! If there's anything else we can help with, don't hesitate to give us a shout.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

View solution in original post

user-removed
Not applicable

hookwind
Music Fan

I just paid for 3 months of a subscription in order to find out this limitation. 

I could hardly believe that such service would have this ridiculous small cap.

This tread is from 2013. It is now 2018 and Spotify did not do a thing.

It has been proved once more that Spotify is arrogantly deaf to their premium costumers needs. 

It is ok for a free service with the advertisments, but a terrible paid service.

Of course I will not pay for premium anymore. 

KGxafx99

Like ik it's a streaming service and u kinda need a cap at some point but 3,000 is a low cap in this time of music new songs and artists coming out every day. You can do better Spotify

artful_dodger59
Roadie

10,000 song playlist. That's a joke. I easily hit that mark. This needs to change!

Someone show Spotify how to run a music site, obviously they don't know how.

christoperfect

Needs to change or they are loosinme as a customer! I have been a customer for over 5 years, recently reached my limit. Does Apple Music have this limit, because there price and catalog are pretty close.

MasterSkywalker
Music Fan

No. It was 25K songs and it was improved to 100K! Also, I use Google Play Music and I uploaded 47K songs for free. I'm just waiting for them to open the Family plan to my country and I'll be gone from Spotify. They don't listen, or they are to proud to adknowledge the truth that they just can't lift that small cap because of their disastrous business model. I guess that's why, they CAN'T, and they're going broke at this pase accumulating loss every year more and more. So let's enjoy while we can. I'll be gone soon for sure.

Travisto777
Regular
I think they will smarten up eventually and perform proper advertising and
allow HiFi quality and unlimited offline downloads like Tidal music. So you
can have 100,000 offline downloads between 3 devices now? When did they
change this?

MasterSkywalker
Music Fan
No, my friend. I have a 100 K songs in iTunes Match,not in Spotify. On the
other hand, the iTunes Music service does not have caps. You can download
as many songs as your phone, tablet or computer can store. That makes this
3333 per device limit look even more st u pi d

Travisto777
Regular
Yeah I know, I'm not really sure the reasoning behind it, I'm just hoping
they change it before it's to late. They could easily be so far ahead other
companies wouldn't be able to catch them if they changed like 2-3 things.
Pretty sure they're still number 1, haven't checked it recently though.

Mix-Tape-Tom
Regular

Last night I hit the 3,333 song wall.  I had no idea there was such a limit and this is a total deal breaker for me.  I've been a paying customer since 2012, currently subscribing to the Premium for Family.  I would hate to leave but again this is a deal breaker for me. Are there any plans to change this pointless limit or should I just start moving my playlists to Google or Apple?

Travisto777
Regular
There are rumors that they are coming out with unlimited offline downloads
and CD quality sound like Tidal has. It would probably more expensive but I
think it'll be worth it.

richbigman
Music Fan
That's wonderful news. I'd pay more for this.

MasterSkywalker
Music Fan
I wouldn't pay a single dime more. Google Family costs exactly the same and
has no limits on downloads. So, good luck, Spotify.

Anna1966
Casual Listener
Mmmm. Interesting.

Crankykong

To be honest I cannot understand why Spotify isn't changing the limit cap to something higher like 10.000 (just like Apple Music) on one device. It's completely useless for me to have the option to save up to 10.000 songs on three devices when there is only one device I'm using.

I've been a long time Spotify user, but this clearly shows me that Spotify doesn't give a darn about their users wishes and/or ideas so I will move to Apple Music. I would come back anytime if Spotify is changing this issue.

gamer1313

You would think that Spotify and internet/mobile carriers would be crazy for unlimited offline song downloads instead of restreaming the same song over and over again putting overhead on wireless networks. Simply download it once to a device and done.

Mimi11

I only joined Spotify a few days ago on a premium trial and I've already reached the stupid limit. Based on this I won't be continuing. As an Australian that lives in Papua New Guinea I get charged more at every turn and it really infuriates me. Firstly there is no indication of this limit when they advertise the premium subscription, secondly they don't give you a count of the number of songs you have downloaded anywhere. Internet is really expensive and crappy in PNG so that means I would be paying over $USD110 a month just to stream "unlimited" music - which would increase depending on how much data I use streaming online. And then there is the issue of the country and travel and how long you are in a place which I really can't even figure out. I travel a lot. The thing the music industry and movie industries need to understand is that when you put all these BS restrictions in place, make content unavailable to Australians even when we try to pay for it they are just ensuring the continuation of our piracy behaviour

NSB
Music Fan
Don't know the international particulars, but after many months now of using Google Play Music, I'm wholeheartedly endorsing it. The added YouTube Red premium subscription you get for free with it sweetened the deal a whole lot more for me, as I never have had to watch an ad on YouTube since I've joined, which is awesome- not to mention the free access to their premium content. While I still notice the mobile data use is a bit higher with Google than with Spotify (and given your local internet situation, that may factor in), it's not a huge difference... If you account for the fact that I'm at over 50 GB of downloaded music at present, then as long as you've got Wi-Fi, you can limit your mobile data use by downloading as much of the Google Play Music library as you'd like. The Spotify download limit is complete BS, and I too was taken in by their false advertising, only to be extremely let down, so do yourself a favor- kill your Spotify premium subscription ASAP and get on Google Play Music... It's a much better service, without any hidden, sneaky garbage to deal with.

grifter72

I've just hit the 3333 limit, and I've invested in high capcity hardware to contain my music offline which is only partially usable.

I am a Director of Product Managment; Spotify, please, you need to ensure your Product Marketing teams are feeding this VOC back into your Dev teams, as the value proposition vs your competitors is significantly erroded.

This is a showstopper for me; I am now investigating migration options to other services. 

SUGGESTED POSTS