Link for 'Your Top Songs 2023' playlist doesnt work

Solved!

Link for 'Your Top Songs 2023' playlist doesnt work

Device

Samsung Galaxy 23

Operating System

Android 

Issue:

When my friends share their link to their 'Your Top Songs 2023' playlist, it always opens my own playlist instead when I click it.

When I've closed the app and cleared the cache, and then open their link, it'll work for the first click but then any other subsequent links I click will still resort to opening up my own 2023 playlist. It's so weird.

Anyone know how to fix this? It's really annoying!! 

35 Replies

Still doesn't work for me 🙂

Type "wrapped" in search box, you can see your wrapped Playlist there. 🤝🎧

I think you misunderstood my issue. I can find my own playlist just fine 🙂

My issue is when people share their 2023 wrapped playlist link with me. When i open their link, it will cause the app to open up my 2023 playlist and not theirs! 

This is totally bull. Make the whole experience meaningless.

This doesn't answer the question. I just had the same thing happen: I found my wrapped 2023 top songs playlist on another user's profile and I hadn't even seen it yet (I needed to update the app). How did they find it!? I can't see anyone else's top songs 2023 playlists when i look for them. This user pinned my 2021 playlist to their profile (it's still there). Would they be able to alter the link somehow maybe?

Have I been hacked? How is that possible? Neither of us follow each other and never have (update I just followed them so they know I can see what they're doing). I don't know them - no idea who it is. 

In 2021 I pinned my top songs list to my profile for a bit, they pinned it to their profile (which I noticed via social media/ Spotify trawling). It's still there. There's nothing I can do to make them take it off. There's no option to make it private. There's a still active link to my profile in the old 2021 header.

So this year I needed to update my app and didn't find my Top Songs 2023 list until yesterday - I thought it hadn't arrived yet until I noticed that it was pinned to this user's profile again!!

How did they see it?

I can't see other people's who I know haven't opened theirs yet....

It's not like the default is to put it in your public playlists until you take it off.

Am worried my phone has been hacked (!?) Frankly creepy...

All information appreciated

thank you

You guys, Basically I looked at another persons profile and MY spotify wrapped playlist was displayed on their account and was included in their playlists. Does this mean they liked it a saved it to their profile? Also I didn't even save it to my profile so how would they have seen it.

When sharing a link to your Wrapped 2023 playlist with friends, you may have noticed that the link only sends them to their own Wrapped songs rather than yours. This is because the playlist is personalised, but don’t fret – there is still a way to share the playlist among your friends, it just takes some steps.

For Android devices it is a little different:

Open your Top Songs 2023 playlist 

→ Tap on the three-dots icon next to the green heart icon and download icons to open the playlist menu

Select ‘Add to other playlist’ > New Playlist

This will add all 100 songs to the new playlist, that you can now share again as usual.

Now, let’s get the sharing party started!

SAME QUESTION 

100%

My gf and me are expirencing the same prb with opening our Wrapped2023 ie shared story links open our own stories not each others. As we have opposing musical tastes, I don't care about her playlist (and vice versa) but would like to see hers story. So, yeah, as far as I can say, the share story functionality doesn't work. 🙂

The point is to share a Wrapped2023 story post, not the playlist. Those two should be two separate objects. 

I had the same thing happen to me and I can't figure out how they did it.

The other person also had my '22 Wrapped list on their playlist and I have never added it to my playlist.

Marked as solution

The wrapped '22 link on their profile probably just opens yours and not theirs for some reason.
As in, anyone who selects that item will view their own playlist. Maybe it's a playlist you can't share and have to copy to another playlist to actually show everyone else what you got..
But yeah, hope this helps!

Edit: I found this FAQ about Wrapped. It says that the Top 100 playlist can only be shared via the mobile app?
This seems to be the only way others can view your songs and not their own.. (aside from, you know, copying the songs to a new playlist which is just unnecessary but does the job regardless).
Seems that the desktop link to the Top 100 playlist will do the opposite as it consistently opens my own playlist instead..

That does help.  I will have someone else look at their playlist to see what they see.  Seems like something Spotify needs to fix... Thanks for the response.

Suggested posts