Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Linking a single with the same track on the album after slight mix changes?

Linking a single with the same track on the album after slight mix changes?

I'm planning to release a single, maybe two, before I release the full album which will include the single(s) on it. I've read up on it and understand that you can have the single and the same track on the album be treated as the same and therefore share plays by getting them to link.

I was planning on releasing the single(s) while still being in the process of recording and mixing the rest of the album to save some time and get it out sooner but there's a good chance I might make some slight mix changes to the singles by the time the album releases e.g. slight tweaks to the EQ or volume levels so that it fits in with the rest of the album. The actual song won't change, length will be the same, etc, it will be the exact same song just with potential slight changes to the mix.

Will that cause any issues with linking the album track with the single? Also is it possible instead to replace the track on the single with the version that's gone on the album so they're both the same and retain the plays it already has?

0 Replies

Suggested posts