Listening history

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy 20 Ultra

My Question or Issue

For some reason, starting this year, my recently played songs aren't showing up in my listening history. My listening history is currently showing songs I listened to last year in December, and it's been stuck that way. The app is updated, I've restarted my phone multiple times, I have tons of storage, and I have a strong Wi-Fi connection. 

10 Replies

Hi there @JazzyLee11,

Thanks for reaching out. Is this only on the aforementioned Samsung phone? If so, please perform a full clean reinstall if you haven't already, that should help resync everything up.

Hope this helps.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, thanks for the tip, but I tried that twice and it still didn't fix the problem. 

Thanks for the cooperation, @JazzyLee11.

Is it possible that you've accidentally enabled offline mode? Additionally, check if you're Private listening.

You can also log out > log back into the app twice in a row. This sounds a bit weird, but helps re-sync your account and the device you're using.

On another note, have you tried if you're able to see your recently played content on a different device?

Keep us posted 🙂

IvelinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Hi, thanks for your tips. I checked and my offline mode and private listening is off. I just logged off and on twice, but it still didn't fix the problem. However, I can see my recently played songs on my laptop. 

Hi there @JazzyLee11,

Thanks for your reply and for trying out our recommendations.

Would it be possible to log in with your account from a different mobile device and check if your Listening history is there? We understand if you don't have another mobile device, but if possible, you could check from a relative or friend's device. 

On another note, if you have an SD card on your Samsung, log out from Spotify, remove the SD card, and then log back in (without inserting the card back). Do you notice any difference?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply!

Susan_GPModerator

I have tried using my account on another device, and I can see the listening history. So I'm assuming it has something to do with my phone, and not the app, but I'm not sure. I will try the SD tip though, thank you. 

Plan

Premium

Country

India

Device

(Pixel 6a)

Operating System

(Android 14)

My Question or Issue

From last month, I cannot view played Songs from a specific playlist that I created in my recently played tab but same songs from another playlist (created by Spotify) are appearing in recently played tab, I've tried reinstalling the application and clearing the cache, but it is not working

Hi @Roger_3006,

Welcome to the Spotify Community!

Have you noticed this when playing from an wifi/bluetooth external speaker over Spotify Connect or does the listening history not update even when listening locally on your Pixel 6? Note that it may take some time for the songs to appear there.

If you haven't already, you can log out from the app's settings and sign back in to your account - this triggers an internal refresh of the app that may help here. Something else you can try is excluding/including the playlist from your taste profile or changing its status to private/public. If you're in a private session, try disabling it temporarily to see if that does the trick. It's also worth checking if the songs from the playlist would appear in the Recently played tab on another device, like your PC for example.

Let us know how it goes.

YordanModerator

Hello @yordan

Thanks for your solution, The recently played tab was not updating the songs from that playlist from any of the devices that I use, yesterday my premium expired and I didn't renew it but the problem was still present but from morning I don't know how the recently played tab is showing songs from the playlist I created( I think so premium has some bugs) I bought the premium and it's working fine for now.

Hi, I'm not sure what happened, but I can now see my recently played songs on my phone. It just suddenly appeared as I opened it today. Thanks again for all the tips everyone!! 

Suggested posts