Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

[Mobile][Developer] More controls on content

[Mobile][Developer] More controls on content

My child does not like the little kid version of the app. He is almost a teen and wants to listen to similar music as me. While I do block "explicit" content on my account and his, I still can pull up very R and X rated music and podcasts. I can even use the word "**bleep**" to get podcasts with explicit blocked. I'm on a Parenting in a Tech World fb page and I know I'm not alone in being frustrated by this ability for this content to show up on our apps. I'm a dance teacher and have searched for a song only to be met with several songs that are very R and X rated and I should not even see them, let alone accidentally play them. I really hope you get some better content controls. Not even adults want some of this stuff on their account showing up for many reason.

1 Reply

Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us and sharing your concerns. We completely understand your frustration and acknowledge that exposure to inappropriate content can be problematic, especially when it comes to our children.

Although Spotify strives to provide quality and safe content for all of its users, we understand that unfortunately there may be system glitches that allow inappropriate content to appear on your accounts. We would like to assure you that Spotify takes the safety of its users very seriously and we are always working on ways to improve our content controls to ensure our users have the best possible experience.

Currently, Spotify offers features to restrict explicit content on your accounts, including the ability to mark songs as "explicit" and restrict access to this type of content. However, we understand that these features may not be sufficient to meet the needs of all our users.

Therefore, we would like to thank you for your valuable feedback and constructive comments. This information is valuable to us and helps us improve our content control features in the future. We appreciate your patience as we work to make the platform even safer and more suitable for all of our users.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have further questions or suggestions. We are always here to help and make your experience with Spotify the best it can be. Thank you for choosing Spotify!

Suggested posts