Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Music Request

Solved!

Music Request

I'm not sure how to request music to be added to Spotify, so I thought maybe I'd post here. If this isn't the right place to request songs, could someone direct me to wherever that may be? Thank you!

Anyway, this artist named Sabrina Claudio released an EP called Confidently Lost EP and its great! There's just one problem: it isn't on Spotify! I have to use Soundcloud and YouTube, which is much less convenient than using Spotify because I can't add it to the playlists I have already created. Her music isn't on iTunes, so I can't purchase it and import it to Spotify using Local Files. I am a big lover and supporter of Sabrina Claudio and her music, she has such great vocals and she sings relatable/poetic lyrics that just really speak to me. I hope her stuff gets added to Spotify soon. Happy late New Year!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Spotify don't approach artists to ask them if they can add their music to their catalogue, as far as I know. Your best bet would be to send Sabrina a message in an effort to convince her to release her music online via an aggregator (CDBaby, Tunecore etc.) These are companies that distribute an artist's music to online stores and streaming services including iTunes, Spotify etc. 

🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Spotify don't approach artists to ask them if they can add their music to their catalogue, as far as I know. Your best bet would be to send Sabrina a message in an effort to convince her to release her music online via an aggregator (CDBaby, Tunecore etc.) These are companies that distribute an artist's music to online stores and streaming services including iTunes, Spotify etc. 

🙂

Thanks so much (:

hugh2oneill is right, there is only one way of getting on Spotify, which is via the mentioned agregators. If she's only on Youtube that would make sense to do. Hope you get her convinced 🙂

Suggested posts