Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

[Playlist] cannot create user's public playlist above 11,000

[Playlist] cannot create user's public playlist above 11,000

Plan

Free

Country

US

Issue:

Currently, I have 11,000 public playlists. Now I am unable to create public playlist. I'm getting error like this.

curl -X "POST" "https://api.spotify.com/v1/users/9o6i28sa5bf1loprat4hgakuh/playlists" --data "{\"name\":\"New Playlist\",\"description\":\"New playlist description\",\"public\":true}" -H "Accept: application/json" -H "Content-Type: application/json" -H ""
{
  "error": {
    "status": 400,
    "message": "Bad request from playlist4"
  }
}

Is this error because of the user's free plan?

In the (Get a List of Current User’s playlists),  there is an offset parameter  which is limit to 100, 000. So I thought there was a playlist limit to 100k, but now I couldn't be able to create after I reached 11, 000

1 Reply

Hi there @neos-ai,

Thank you for your post here in the Community.

There are no limits based on subscription type, but we don't have any information on our end how such a big amount of playlists will effect the app performance and if it might lead to some instability or unexpected behavior.

What we can suggest is that you perform a clean reinstall of the app. This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this. However - since you have so many playlists we'd like to inform you that you have to download your playlists offline once you performed the reinstallation of the app.

Let us know how it goes.

Take care 🙂 

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts