Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Playlist name and description are in the wrong language

Solved!

Playlist name and description are in the wrong language

Plan

Premium

Country

Belgium

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

While browsing for new playlist to listen to, the suggestion are in the wrong language.

For example if I click on the Indie category, the first 5 playlist are in dutch (e.g. Indie Goesting - altijd zijn in de best ...).

I've tried switching from french to english language in the UI settings but to no avail.

This make the usefulness of the whole genre search to discover new music quite unhelpful.

I believe it is a bug, that the name and description of the playlist are not translated in the right language or that they are suggested to a user that does not speak the language.

I found no way to "thumb down" those playlist to at least teach the A.I. to adapt.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @Frogbarf,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

The recommendations you get on Spotify are based on your location and the country registered on your account, that's why you receive some of those in Dutch. 

We always strive to improve our app and the experience and we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. We'll make sure to pass it on to the right team.

On another note, you can change the app's language following the steps here. Keep in mind that changing the language of the app doesn't change the location of your account, so you might still see results and recommendations in that language.

If you need help with anything else, just let us know. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @Frogbarf,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

The recommendations you get on Spotify are based on your location and the country registered on your account, that's why you receive some of those in Dutch. 

We always strive to improve our app and the experience and we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. We'll make sure to pass it on to the right team.

On another note, you can change the app's language following the steps here. Keep in mind that changing the language of the app doesn't change the location of your account, so you might still see results and recommendations in that language.

If you need help with anything else, just let us know. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi

Thank you for your reply.

In summary I'm stuck.

I find it quite disappointing that a whole part of the discovery is unusable for me (playlist search). I am quite sure that I am not the only user that would like to be able to have their language(s) preferences taken into account. Belgium is not

the only multilingual country and even in countries speaking a single language I am sure that a lot of people would like to be able to have their spoken language honored.

Suggested posts