Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Prevent a song from autoplaying?

Prevent a song from autoplaying?

My Question or Issue

Autoplay plays a few songs very frequently and I don't see a way (on iOS or Android or Web) to ask it to stop, not that one again. There is a button to hide the song (circle with horizontal line) but it doesn't seem to prevent the song from autoplaying again.

Screenshot_20220211-201007.png
4 Replies

This happens with me with one specific song: Pop Star by Coco & Clair Clair. I do not like that song. I do not want to hear that song. Unfortunately, I see no way of blocking it from auto playing again so I just have to go do the skip.

The algo is so insistent about a small handful of songs and so incapable of
learning from my skipping over and over that it feels like there's some
payola with its thumb on the weights.

Yeah like leave me alone Coco & Clair Clair 😭

Hey folks,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

Using the Hide button will hide the specific song, but it will not prevent future suggestions of the same song. Other users had posted a similar idea that is reaching internal teams at Spotify. You can add your vote and subscribe to the idea here. Any update about this will be posted there.

As an alternative, you can block the music of an artist to be played, but this will skip all of his music. To do so, go to the artist profile in your mobile app, hit the 3 dots button and select the option Don't play this.

Keep in mind that those songs might still show up in other playlists and recommendations if you listen to similar music, but the songs by the blocked artist should get skipped.

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you. 

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts