Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Queue is lost after upgrade

Queue is lost after upgrade

Plan

Premium

Country

Finland

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I accidentally close Spotify desktop app and restarted it which caused an upgrade. And that resulted into lost queue. So what I'm doing wrong? This is not the 1st time this has happened. And I think this has been a problem already many, many, many years. This time I even waited a bit, but no. Queue and history was totally lost 1st, but after a while history came back. I've already tried your support chat few times to find a solution or what I could do to provide you more information to solve this. And if reinstall is all your support chat can suggest, I'm bit disappointed. 

Where the queue is stored? Disc? Cloud? If Disc, in what file?

4 Replies

Maybe try to press the close button any time you see it trying to update and that might work (I don't know for sure but I think this worked for me before)

Hi folks! 

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

@2Late1, we can confirm that this is expected behavior of the app. In this case, we recommend updating the app after you finish your listening session so it doesn't get interrupted. If the update is automatic and it starts in the middle of your session, then try disabling any automatic update setting.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Thanks for the answer. So just to be sure I understood this correctly: Is it enough to stop the currently playing song before closing/exiting the app (which is pretty hard if you accidentally close the app 🙂 ) to make queue survive the upgrade? If not, why you have to delete app's userdata during upgrade?

Hi @2Late1

Thanks for your reply. 

We can't confirm if stopping the music is enough to not lose your queue when updating the app. 

However, keep in mind that some of your information is stored in the app's cache, so when the app updates some of the stored cache is cleared. 

We really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us, and will make sure to pass it on to the right folks as we always strive to improve our users' experience. 

If anything else comes up, the Community will be here.

Cheers!

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts