Content Questions

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Explicit content

It's great to hear music as the artist intended it to be heard, this means Spotify can sometimes include explicit content. We recommend looking out for the EXPLICIT tag on any releases (E on the web player).Note: Our explicit content tags are applied...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • SS2020user
  • Visitor
  • 83 replies
  • 38 likes
  • 83 replies
  • 38 likes

Solved!! Presale Concert Tickets

Fans First emails are our way of thanking our artists’ biggest Spotify fans with unique or exclusive offers. Previous treats have included: Access to presale tickets for upcoming concerts. Access to exclusive merch items not available anywhere else. ...

Screen Shot 2019-02-08 at 5.08.09 PM.png
  • Spotify
  • Spotify
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 358 replies
  • 35 likes
  • 358 replies
  • 35 likes

I want an artist/ song on Spotify.

Many folks in the Community have requested certain tracks, albums or artists be added to Spotify. The reality is that we would like to have all the world's music available on Spotify. Therefore, anything which we have the right to upload and has been...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 294 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 294 likes

2Pac Resurrection

The album is edited , some time ago you had the album's explicit version.you removed the album and its not back only edited. Am I missing something or its really only edited?Can you put the explicit back ,Thanks

• Regular
  • The album is edited , some time ago you had the album's explicit version. you removed the album and its not back only edited.   Am I missing something or its really only edited? Can you put ...
  • Al3x4ndru1
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes
  • edited
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes

Jay-Z

Let's convince Jay-Z to put his music on Spotify ! =))

• Not applicable
  • Let's convince Jay-Z to put his music on Spotify ! =))
  • Jose_M
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! 1 user running up streams

Streams won’t go to 0 even if track is removed and re uploaded 

• Casual Listener
  • Streams won’t go to 0 even if track is removed and re uploaded 
  • BlackPillow
  • Composer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

problem with artist page before release

Hello,our first album will be released at 3.11. Right now i was getting a link to our artist page from recordjet. I went to the "artist on spotify" page. Now i have tried to claim this page with my new created page, that i can work on bio, images etc...

• Regular
  • Hello, our first album will be released at 3.11. Right now i was getting a link to our artist page from recordjet.   I went to the "artist on spotify" page. Now i have tried to claim this page ...
  • Yan0_D3al
  • Composer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

This is Hans Zimmer

Hey, I'm a big HZ fan and I found out that his playlist is very very limited. He's composed many more soundtracks for different movies including: the Angels & Demons, Mission impossible 2, The Rush, King Arthur to name a few. Any chance we could get ...

• Hey, I'm a big HZ fan and I found out that his playlist is very very limited. He's composed many more soundtracks for different movies including: the Angels & Demons, Mission impossible 2, The Ru...
  • ParentalControl
  • Composer
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • hans Zimmer
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Dubious advert on Spotify

Hi, I've just heard an audio advert in between tracks on Spotify that I think is quite dubious and I wonder if you do too. It was an advert for Hiscox business insurance and it started with a man saying "I have just accessed your files. I will encryp...

• Regular
  • Hi,   I've just heard an audio advert in between tracks on Spotify that I think is quite dubious and I wonder if you do too.   It was an advert for Hiscox business insurance and it star...
  • Jose_M
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Where to report Artist identity mistakes?

Hello! There is a mistake with https://open.spotify.com/artist/6g9hbjwBlnbict9BFyh0M0 It appears "Tom Weiss and the Unbelievers" was merged with "Unbelievers", a band led by Jen Unbe https://open.spotify.com/user/12153744654?si=naun7x4TRMqKb2vVN8OvxQ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello!   There is a mistake with https://open.spotify.com/artist/6g9hbjwBlnbict9BFyh0M0   It appears "Tom Weiss and the Unbelievers" was merged with "Unbelievers", a band led by Je...
  • melanieofottawa
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Revivalists Spotify Presale Code

Does anyone have a spotify presale code for the Revivalists? I listen to them frequently, but unfortunately did not recieve one.

• Casual Listener
  • Does anyone have a spotify presale code for the Revivalists? I listen to them frequently, but unfortunately did not recieve one. 
  • ASPENCERHAY
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Playlist for unstoppable vibes

Hey guys! I added a few songs to start it up! Looking forward to adding new music to this playlist. Feel free to share your songs or other songs that make you feel like no one can stop YOU! We all have haters at some point of our lives and I think it...

• Roadie
  • Hey guys!     I added a few songs to start it up! Looking forward to adding new music to this playlist. Feel free to share your songs or other songs that make you feel like no one can...
  • thegrove2244
  • Roadie
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Electro Pop
    Hip-hop
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

My song was uploaded to spotify, but not by me...

I've claimed my artist profile which is cool but some random still has my song uploaded and is presumably earning (very minimal) royalties. I'd rather no one make anything off of that song honestly. I'm very discouraged from using spotify's form to r...

• ...ther people's songs, which include copyrighted content from other users and music industry giants.
  • Jose_M
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Musician who likes to make different genres

Hello guys, I am an musician who loves to make different kinds of music. Mainly instrumentals, but in different genres. For example: I just finished an orchestra track and can't wait to upload it to Spotify, but I already have couple of hip hop beats...

• Casual Listener
  •   Hello guys,    I am an musician who loves to make different kinds of music. Mainly instrumentals, but in different genres. For example: I just finished an orchestra track and can'...
  • Yan0_D3al
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

SEVENTEEN´s 2nd album "TEEN, AGE"

SEVENTEEN´s 2nd album "TEEN, AGE" is posted under another artist (Seventeen), when it belongs to SEVENTEEN. Please get it back to the correct artist. Thank you.

• SEVENTEEN´s 2nd album "TEEN, AGE" is posted under another artist (Seventeen), when it belongs to SEVENTEEN. Please get it back to the correct artist. Thank you.
  • Jose_M
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Dan Hawkins Somewhere Over the Rainbow

Can anyone help me find more info on this song. I feel like the album art displayed is incorrect and when I use Google to look I’m getting lost lol. I would like to try and locate this song to buy via Apple or on vinyl!

• Casual Listener
  • Can anyone help me find more info on this song. I feel like the album art displayed is incorrect and when I use Google to look I’m getting lost lol. I would like to try and locate this song to buy vi...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Alguien

Tengo mas de mil canciones en mi playlist y se reproducen siempre las mismas, alguien podira decirme porque?

• Tengo mas de mil canciones en mi playlist y se reproducen siempre las mismas, alguien podira decirme porque?
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Musics in harmonia mundi ad

Hello,Yesterday, I listened to an "harmonia mundi" ad (in french) and there is a music playing in the background that I like, but I could not find it in the playlist. Could someone help me find the music titles from the ad, so that I can narrow my se...

• Hello, Yesterday, I listened to an "harmonia mundi" ad (in french) and there is a music playing in the background that I like, but I could not find it in the playlist.   Could someone help me...
  • HowardMarks
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Two "artists" of the same artist on Spotify

Daniel Licht is a part of Dishonored 2 Soundtrack and Dishonored: Death of the Outsider Soundtrack. However, another artist has been created only for the latter, which has a spelling mistake of "Dainel Licht" instead. Could this be fixed somehow?Than...

• Casual Listener
  • Daniel Licht is a part of Dishonored 2 Soundtrack and Dishonored: Death of the Outsider Soundtrack.  However, another artist has been created only for the latter, which has a spe...
  • Jose_M
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Sharing personal playlists on social media platforms, but using the playlist picture you provided.

I have a few playlists i'd like to share, whether on instagram or facebook, but instead of using my cover art for the playlist it uses the music cover art.

• Not applicable
  • I have a few playlists i'd like to share, whether on instagram or facebook, but instead of using my cover art for the playlist it uses the music cover art.
  • erinshipley
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Song titles wrong

On artist Aventura, their album We Broke the Rules, some of the somg titles are mixed up. Such as Amor de Madre and Ensename a Olvidar

• On artist Aventura, their album We Broke the Rules, some of the somg titles are mixed up. Such as Amor de Madre and Ensename a Olvidar
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Artist genres?

As an artist I'm wondering how the artists metadata like genre information is generated? One of my main artists seems to have totally irrelevant and absurd genre information and it would be really important to be able to define it accurately and corr...

• Roadie
  • As an artist I'm wondering how the artists metadata like genre information is generated? One of my main artists seems to have totally irrelevant and absurd genre information and it would be really im...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! banned song by accident

Hello,I was playing spotify on my laptop, and controlling it from my phone. There was a forbiding button I did not recognise on it, and when I pressed it, turns out I banned the song from my account. I tried playing it from the laptop, but it won't l...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I was playing spotify on my laptop, and controlling it from my phone. There was a forbiding button I did not recognise on it, and when I pressed it, turns out I banned the song from my accoun...
  • Grace91
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes