Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Release Radar shows tracks from last week

Release Radar shows tracks from last week

Plan

Premium

Country

Finland

Device

OnePlus 8T, PC

Operating System

Android 11, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

this week's Release Radar playlist seems to be identical to last week's

4 Replies

Hey there @dnmr,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

First up, we suggest that you try logging out and then logging back in to your account on your phone. This will trigger a sync between your account and your device. 

On another note, we'd recommend selecting the songs that you don't like in the Release Radar playlist and choosing the "Hide this song" option. Likewise, you can like the songs you do like by clicking on the heart icon. This will help the playlist to be updated so it can include more personalized results.

It's also a good idea to expand your music library by following more artist. That way you'll give the algorithm a boost. Keep in mind that it might take up to couple of weeks for the changes to take affect.

For more info on how to improve your Made for you playlists, check this article. 

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Thanks Eni,

I've just logged out of the mobile app and back in, and the Release Radar playlist still did not update.

I also uninstalled the desktop app and re-installed it on Friday before posting the initial report.

As for liking artists etc, that should not be an issue, I have 3200 liked songs from a moderately wide selection of artists. And I do "remove" tracks from release radar regularly, mostly because they are mistagged though.

now there's one new track at the start of the playlist 🙄

Ok, seems to be a new playlist now.

One of the things that could have contributed to the issue is that I left the spotify desktop app open on my work computer last thursday. Now it's closed and the issue did not repeat, so who knows.

Suggested posts