Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Release radar old songs

Solved!

Release radar old songs

Although I've been using premium for a couple of years now, and in general I'm paying attention to the release radar songs, until recently I didn't have the need to download the meet so my question may be considered self-explanatory. I would still appreciate an answer though.

I pressed the heart button to be able to listen to the songs later without using data. As expected, I completely forgot to listen to all of them and when the next release radar was, well, released, I noticed that spotify had started downloading all 30 new songs. Does that mean that all the old ones are deleted and every week the list will be automatically downloaded and replacing the old one? If not, where can I find the old songs to clear them out?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Olympie,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

You are correct in your assumption - when personalized playlists like the Daily Mix, Discover Weekly or Release Radar are downloaded and a new iteration of the playlist is released, the old downloads get automatically replaced by new ones when you're online. If you'd like to save a particular version of one of those playlists, we recommend that you create a new one yourself and copy over the contents there. This can be done easily on desktop using the shortcuts for select all, copy and paste - you can find them here.

Hope this helps. The Community is here if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Olympie,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

You are correct in your assumption - when personalized playlists like the Daily Mix, Discover Weekly or Release Radar are downloaded and a new iteration of the playlist is released, the old downloads get automatically replaced by new ones when you're online. If you'd like to save a particular version of one of those playlists, we recommend that you create a new one yourself and copy over the contents there. This can be done easily on desktop using the shortcuts for select all, copy and paste - you can find them here.

Hope this helps. The Community is here if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

You can kind of view 90+% of your past release radars through the notification icon (top right for me on iphone app) and all past ‘new releases’ are on there

Suggested posts