Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Shuffle from entire library

Shuffle from entire library

A few versions ago, it was possible to shuffle play from one's entire library. Does anyone know how to do this now that there is no 'library' view.

Following on from this, what is the difference between the 'starred' playlist and 'your music: songs'?

Thanks

13 Replies

Hi, welcome to the spotify community! Hope all is well in the land of *insert country here*.

You can shuffle play your entire music collection through the songs tab.

There is a difference between Starred and Your Songs. If you were to add and entire album to Your Music, every single song within that album is added to Your songs. Think of the Starred playlist as truly some of the greatest songs that you finely pick.

~Joe

JOEBOT, lovingly handmade by MattSuda - I'm not the only sexy rock star, there are plenty of others that are happy to help you out. Just look for the star by their name.
-
I AM NOT AN EMPLOYEE OF SPOTIFY AB. I am just a thirteen year old child trying to help out. I am not paid to help or say any views of Spotify AB or any of it's affiliates, so the least that you could do is share some kudos, or, if I helped you out, mark my post as a solution. It makes me all fuzzy inside

Hi @JoeThomas

How do I achieve the same, but with my playlists as opposed to 'saved songs'?

Sad to see this still isnt re-implemented.  I saw a few Ideas made for this but they were all closed and marked "duplicate".  Yet i cant find the "original" idea to give kudos to it.  The heck??

Whats the point of even allowing me to play songs already on my PC if i cant shuffle all?  And why was this feature removed in the first place??

EDIT: Found it.  Apparently they dont want to bring back this function right now??  Bizarre.  Anyway if you want it back someday still vote: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Bring-back-the-library/idi-p/738823

Under the “Library” tab if you select the “Playlists” menu you can then select the “Liked Songs” playlist — From there you can shuffle through every song that was previously saved under the “Songs” menu.

We could always do this by shuffling the Songs list. This doesn't add anything new unless I'm misunderstanding something.

I'd love to see a feature where we can shuffle our entire library. Liked songs + playlists as well.

A workaround is to create a folder called Music, Everything or something like that, and drag all playlists into it. In the desktop version, you can then click the folder and play everything within it. 

Correct me if im wrong but i dont think this will solve any issues in this thread.  AFAIK all this will do is make a large playlist of all the songs currently in a playlist.  It will not include Liked songs, local songs not in a playlist, or any song added to any other playlist post-creation.

Correct, it wouldn't include liked songs or local songs, but everything else (including Discover weekly, Daily mixes and any other For you-playlists, if you choose to follow them). I guess it depends on your setup, I personally have hundreds of playlists but no local files, and very few liked songs, so for me it's useful – and an option to shuffle entire library would do the exact same thing from what I understand. I can also choose to leave any playlists that I wouldn't want included (for example podcast or audiobook playlists) outside of this folder. Any songs added to a playlist in the future will be included, and if you create a new playlist, you just create it under this folder. 

I apologize for misreading, didnt understand that you could move playlists into a playlist folder type thing, thought you meant copying playlists into a larger playlist, so your suggestion does stay up-to-date as new songs are added to older playlists.  Still not a workaround as it only helps people who have all their songs in playlists (doesnt shuffle all song types, which is what OP wants), but interesting feature nonetheless.

"You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action."  Anyone else know how do I vote on this?  Apple Music allows you to shuffle library.  This is a major downer imo.   Waiting for Spotify HD as well.  Spotify connect keeps me as a customer for now.

I cant access it either.  It may be hidden or deleted, since i cannot find it through the Idea search.  You might be better off making a new submission.  If you do, link the new one here.

cant see the songs menu anywhere, where is it? im on iphone

"your music: songs" is no longer a thing.  All songs are now listed under "Library" again.  And by "all songs", i mean "all songs added to a playlist".  "Liking" is no longer a action different from adding to a playlist, and the heart button is gone, replaced with a + button, which adds a song to the "Liked" playlist when activated from the player, and opens the playlist viewer from any other screen.

Suggested posts