Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Situation with Kakao M

Solved!

Situation with Kakao M

Apparently Spotfiy has some issued with Kakao M that has caused a lot of music to be removed from Spotify. Can we have some updates from Spotify about this situation and if/when the songs will be back?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@MyFirstAndLast @Mightbreak @Shyames @Trema86 @subjectchanger @mikropluto @preloquiem @oOhawkeyeOo @oona___ @Lemoncupcakes37 @shree_tree @LaMarquise @Chronicle112 @roses_are_rosie @jkim545 @mione @Sphirex @Martin2909 @ellaamariaa @Mightbreak @Charityrose @hihinit @Trema86 @Shyames 

Hey everyone,

Kakao M's catalog should be available again. Thank you for your patience.

I checked my library and it looks like most of the blank blacked out songs are now back in place without any action required. For some songs, you may have to re-add them to your collection. If some songs are still showing as blank and blacked out instead of greyed out when you have the "show unavailable songs" option turned on in settings, you can right click or tap the options for the song and select the "song credits" option to see the song title and artist.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

49 Replies

this!!!! i got really stressed about it because suddeny 100+ of my kpop songs got greyed out and i thought it was my spotify that was bugged... (thanks by the way - this post informed me that it was in fact not my fault for once) hope they fix it soon and give us updates in the meantime 😞 

So many songs have disappeared 😞 It's really so upsetting, and I know it's not Spotify's fault so I don't blame them. However, it would be amazing if there was a way they could resolve it somehow... such huge parts of my playlists are gone now, I bet the artists are going to suffer from this as well

Any update on this issue from someone at spotify would be appreciated, ty.

I am really triggered at this. I am a huge kpop listener, and literally 7 hours of kpop disappeared from one of my playlists. This is really making me angry, even though I know it's not Spotify's fault. It'd be REALLY NICE if we could know when the songs are coming back.

This got me so by surprise. Half of my playlist just went out the window... I got used to the order and suddenly while listening some songs weren't there... 

It just doesn't make sense if you look at the Melon's reasoning - Melon isn't even available worldwide. 

On 1.3. (Korean time) many artists and their songs got removed. Kakao M is one of the causes of this and I understand it might be difficult to figure out a solution, but I and all the hudreds of thousands of people who enjoy these artist would be extremely happy if something could be done. So, we're asking for Spotify to do their best in trying to get all of those songs back. We also understand that there might be not much that Spotify could do, but any effort is good at this point.

Thank you

I agree, I lost over 20h of kpop music in my playlists and I’m infuriated/sad/depressed by this. I hope this gets sorted out ASAP

I'm sorry I mispelled "hundreds" and cannot edit the post anymore (it says there's an error)

YES! Thank you for putting this forth here! Big artists like IU, WEi, etc are amazing and uplifting for all of us! Please add these artists back!

Even though it's not Spotify's fault I'll have to unsubscribe if it stays that way. I'm mostly here for kpop... And podcasts. I can get podcasts elsewhere. 

It's really simple actually, I'm a customer, I don't care whose fault this is, either fix it or lose me as a customer. Apparently Apple Music did succeed in making a deal.

Im so mad at this too. It feels so frustrating because as a kpop lover this is the exact reason i subscribed to spotify premium. And when this happens, no news or updates are coming out from spotify. It could be as simple as they are negotiating with Kakao M, but apparently no statements are given out. NGL, this has been a bad experience for a kpop listener and spotify subscriber like me. I just need updates and it sucks a lot not being able to listen to your favourite songs after paying for it.

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I already know why the songs are missing. I want to know if the missing songs will be automatically added back to my playlist if Spotify reaches a new deal with Kakao M. Some of my playlists have 10 or 100 songs missing. I don't know which ones disappeared. 

Hi, I'm in the same situation. Through browser version on PC, you may see the deleted songs with translucent letters and pictures in your playlists.

I think they will be able to be played if the situation become good.

Sorry for my English. I hope we will enjoy them again.

So far I was quite happy with Spotify until today. I do understand why the songs were removed but I can't understand why you had to touch tons of my liked songs so I am not even able to recognize which artist or song has been removed in particular. Usually songs were greyed out in the past but now all I can see is a black bar for most of the songs...

Now I have to check each single song manually by pressing on the dots first and then on the contributors. This is wrong! I would need weeks to figure out my missing songs because I have lost 63% of my kpop discography which I have built over the last 3 years. That's more than 1.300 songs...

I am really dissatisfied with the way you handle this situation. Especially when I consider that many of us (me included) are paying costumers... At least give me a way to get the informations I need.

Hey, thanks for reaching out!

We can confirm that Kakao M's catalogue isn't currently available. Spotify would love to have them back too and are working on it, so hopefully they'll be back in the future.

There's more info about Spotify content here: https://support.spotify.com/article/Content-missing

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

We are extremely sad and annoyed by the situation. I couldn’t imagine that Spotify could ruin my day, but you all did it!

At least there should be a statement saying if this would last a few days or if it would be longer.

I’m considering cancelling Spotify Premium Duo for good. 

I really hope they will do anything to bring back all songs that were deleted. Literally half of the songs on my kpop playlist are gone. Hope all deleted stuff will be brought back.

Hey MattSuda,

thanks for replying but could you please try to give us some answers on the issues we face? That would be lovely and more helpful than to copy and paste your template in all existing threads.

For example what am I supposed to do with all the blacked out songs on my lists (screenshot attached)? I need a handy way to figure out which songs you have removed from my lists in particular so I can add them again. Be it as a local file or as a japanese version of the song.

With your way of removing Kakao M's catalogue you have killed my library I have built over the last 3 years. I was used to see the songs greyed out instead so I was able to still work with my library. I would love to get some kind of support.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-03-01 um 16.00.15.png

Suggested posts