Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Song plays an alternative song of the same name

Song plays an alternative song of the same name

Plan: Premium

Operating system: iOS, MacOS

My Question or Issue

I had saved a song, "I Fall In Love Too Easily" by Caleb Belkin into playlists and liked songs years ago. I discovered today that when playing the song, Spotify begins playing an alternative version by a different artist (panicdeeper). 

I understand if Caleb Belkin's song may have been removed due to copyright reasons, however, I think redirecting to a different song (the midi trumpet...) should not occur??

Accessing Caleb Belkin's album "Discography" via a various methods (ie through the saved song, artist profile, search function) also yields varying results (ie I fall in love too easily appearing/ disappearing).

Pasted Graphic 6.jpg
Pasted Graphic 5.jpg
5 Replies

Hey @elton5,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Can you please send us a link to the song so we can investigate further?

Looking forward to your reply.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

https://open.spotify.com/track/4BGfM7Faj0dyEnSuaOw67j?si=12FGCftmRDia8H4fglmS7w

Its a few months late, and a completely different person. But I would like to know why this is being weird too? Anyway, here’s the link to the song I have a premium duo account and I’m based in the US.

Hi there @U46Raven,

Thanks for reaching out. We checked this on our end, but were unable to conclusively decide if there is any issue with the song itself, however we did have some unusual behaviour with it too. If you believe there to be an issue with this specific song, then please follow the steps provided here. Make sure to try the troubleshooting provided to make sure that the issue isn't on your end. If the issue is indeed in the song itself, the article will also show you how to report this to us. 

Hope this helps.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Plan

Free

Country

Belgium

Device

any

Operating System

any

My Question or Issue

I've recently had it happen and it's happened in the past as well that I have a song saved in my liked songs (let's say "Roadrunner" by the Modern Lovers) but that Spotify tends to play an alternate version of that song by the same artist. That is quite annoying since I've grown fond of a particular version and don't have the need to hear others. I then have to remove the song in quesiton and go back to add the correct version.

My plan is premium btw. Erased the wrong option

Suggested posts