Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Song showed streams on editorial playlist in ‘Artists’ app, but not there

Song showed streams on editorial playlist in ‘Artists’ app, but not there

I checked my Artists app yesterday and saw a song of mine had 2 streams on the Spotify playlist ‘Rustig & Mooi’. I was really excited as would be my first editorial, but when I checked Spotify, it wasn’t on there. The same has happened for me with a few other playlist curators/ random playlists that appear to just be promoting a single artist’s music, so had assumed it was a kind of weird marketing tactic from them, but seeing one from the official Spotify team has now got me puzzled. Is this a glitch? Is it happening to other artists too? Would love to know a bit more as I’m currently pretty stumped!
8 Replies

Hello! Welcome to our community! I will explain some reasons that may lead to a song being removed from an editorial playlist. Don't worry, I'm not saying you've committed any of the violations below, this explanation is just for you to know some of the reasons that lead to the removal of a song:

There are several reasons why artist songs may be removed from editorial playlists. The first and most obvious one is copyright infringement. This can include the unauthorized use of music, lyrics or images of other artists. If this happens, it is important for you to contact Spotify immediately to resolve the problem.

Another common reason is the lack of updating of artist information. If Spotify is unable to find the correct information about the artist, it may remove the music from the playlist. It is important to always keep your information updated on Spotify to avoid problems.

Additionally, Spotify has strict community policies. If Spotify detects inappropriate content or violations of these policies, it may remove the music from the playlist. It is important to read and understand these policies before sharing your music on Spotify.

Finally, one of the main reasons for songs being removed from editorial playlists is simply because Spotify is always looking to offer its users the best possible experience. If the song is not reaching audience expectations, it may be removed to make room for other more popular songs. So, it is important to always seek engagement with the audience and stay updated with music trends.

A warm embrace and a great weekend!

We’re having the same situation right now. We never actually saw ourselves on the playlist itself, and we see on the artist app that we’re still active on that editorial playlist (given the massive jump in people who are listening right now). No clue what’s going on. We thought maybe once the playlist ends, Spotify starts suggesting other songs (perhaps ours too), and then crediting it as part of the playlist. However we tried that across multiple Spotify user accounts and our song never popped up. Any ideas anyone?

Hi there @NJX666 

Thanks for the post.

It's best to reach out directly to our Artists support team here. They'll be able to have a look backstage and see what's happening with your songs and why they aren't appearing in the editorial playlist.

Hope this helps 🙂

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I’m having the same issue! Streams on 2 Spotify playlists for three days now and yet I’m not in either list? 

I have exactly hte same issue. My app tells me i'm in an editorial playlist and when i check i don't find my music there. I just tried to google it and this was the answer i got:

"When an artist has a song added to a personalized editorial playlist, it may not show in that playlist for all listeners. Personalized editorial playlists have followers, show Spotify as the curator but deliver different music in the playlist for each individual listener."

To be honest it explains the bahviour of the app count, but i don't understand why. Maybe it's some sort of audience acceptance test, but that's just me launching some random explanation.

Well, just keep making music the world needs us!!!

I have this same sortbof problem. I see on.my spotify for artists app that my song garnered 2 streams on the "lofi in de tuin" (Dutch for lofo garden) playlist. It's not there anymore though. Such a shame.. i was made happy for nothing

I have the same issue from last month..... is really painful

IMG_7238.jpg
IMG_7237.jpg

I have the same issue from last month, was happened to me multiple time, I was contact with support team but nothing changed.....

Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 20.34.32.JPG
Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 20.35.26.JPG

Suggested posts