Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Song title from this artist misleading + potentially incorrect credits

Song title from this artist misleading + potentially incorrect credits

!!I am not affiliated with Karen L. nor 周深 (Zhou Shen)

The original artist 周深's song 大雨 (Big Fish) dated back to 2016: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aMdBA00Ijc. Additionally, it can be found in 周深's 2017 album 深的深 on Apple Music.

Whereas Karen L.'s Begonia is only published in 2021. Maybe they used the titled Begonia because 大雨 originates from a movie called Big Fish and Begonia.

Hence, is it possible for Karen L. to:
1) Change her song "Begonia" into something that states it is a piano cover of 周深's 大鱼 or cover of Big Fish and Begonia's theme song??
2) Change the "Written by" credits to the producers responsible for making 大鱼

If Karen L. actually isn't violating any of Spotify's rule, I apologise for misunderstanding

2 Replies

Hello, how are you? Welcome to our community!

I'll try to explain what might be happening with the music you're referring to.

So, imagine that you're an artist and you've composed a song. Then, you decide that you want other people to be able to sing and record that song, so you authorize other artists to make their own versions of it.

And you know what's cool? Each artist can put their own spin on the music, change the rhythm, the melody, use different instruments... in short, do whatever they want!

And even though each version is different, the music is still yours, meaning that you're the author. But then come the very important people: the arrangers and producers. They are responsible for helping to shape the music, choosing how it will be played, which instruments will be used, how the vocals will be recorded... in short, they are true masters at transforming the music into a masterpiece.

And to top it all off, we have the performers, who are the artists who will sing the song. Each one will give their interpretation, put their emotion into the song, and make it touch people's hearts.

So, in summary: a song can have several different versions if the authors allow it, and each version can have different arrangers, producers, and performers, but what doesn't change is the authors, who will always be the owners of the song. I hope I've been helpful, my friend!

Oh I see, thank you for the informative reply! I'm well and I hope you are too.

Suggested posts